Read only database

Roman

Read only database

Post by Roman » 15 Feb 15 10:06

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure PS so that the catalog and thumbs databases are read only?
The reason I would like this capability is that I am happy for other family members to browse my photographs using PS but I don't want them to be able to make any changes.

Travel mode still permits changes so that is not what I am after.
If I make the .db files read only then no thumbnails are displayed.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards,
Roman

Hert

Re: Read only database

Post by Hert » 15 Feb 15 11:15

Hi Roman, the Single user version doesn't have possibilities for multi user access. That is a Server feature. Even with a single server license you can create multiple user accounts and grant users either Admin, Catalog Manager or Catalog Browser rights. The latter is "view only".
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Roman

Post by Roman » 15 Feb 15 12:59

Hi Hert,
As I only wanted to "lock" the databases occasionally I hoped there might be a way of achieving this with the single user version.
If this is not possible I will have to consider moving to the server version.
Regards,
Roman

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Feb 15 14:12

Roman, it's not possible. The user in the single version is the admin user and that user always has all options.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system