New image properties not found (SQL Server 2012)

thenetstriker

New image properties not found (SQL Server 2012)

Post by thenetstriker » 28 Jan 15 16:11

Since i've updated to SQL Server 2012 and the latest PhotoSupreme version (don't know exactly which update caused the problem) I do not find newly added properties anymore. I've traced this at the sql server and found the following query:

select top 50 * from
idSearchData x
where CONTAINS(x.ContentValue, N'"mysearch*"') and x.ContentGroup in (N'PROPNAME',N'PROPSYNONYM') and x.ContentType in (N'PROP')

For some reason this query only returns the rows from before the update. If I change the query to the following the new properties are found:

select top 50 * from
idSearchData x
where x.ContentValue like N'mysearch%' and x.ContentGroup in (N'PROPNAME',N'PROPSYNONYM') and x.ContentType in (N'PROP')

What could cause this problem and how can I solve this?

Hert

Re: New image properties not found (SQL Server 2012)

Post by Hert » 28 Jan 15 20:37

You can run the script below to rebuild all the search data;

Code: Select all

catalog.BuildSearchData
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

thenetstriker

Post by thenetstriker » 31 Jan 15 17:47

I've done that. Now the search does not return any results at all. The table is filled with values, but the query does not find anything. Any ideas what this could be?

Hert

Post by Hert » 31 Jan 15 19:38

And what is your search text? And where are you entering the search text?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

thenetstriker

Post by thenetstriker » 01 Feb 15 18:11

I've tried several search texts that worked before the rebuild of the search index, but none of them are working now. The problem occurs in the search field on the top right of the application and when assigning image properties. But the search on the left side (magnifying glass) still works.

Hert

Post by Hert » 01 Feb 15 19:21

Did you wait for the script to finish? Depending on the size of your database it can take many hours, if not days to finish

vlad

Post by vlad » 01 Feb 15 19:23

thenetstriker wrote:I've tried several search texts that worked before the rebuild of the search index, but none of them are working now.
Does filtering by text work? (In my experience, text filtering is related to the search bar functionality, so I would expect a negative answer - but it might be worth checking.)
The problem occurs in the search field on the top right of the application and when assigning image properties.
You're not talking about label searches in the Assign panel, are you? What do you mean by: "when assigning image properties"?
But the search on the left side (magnifying glass) still works.
That is the catalog item search (aka smart search, I believe), while the search bar on the right is mostly for text searches in the metadata. What exactly do you search for?

thenetstriker

Post by thenetstriker » 01 Feb 15 22:21

What exactly do you mean with "Does filtering by text work"? And yes, I mean the label assign panel. When I try to find a label to assign it just doesn't find anything now. Maybe it has something to to with the SQL Server version. (I've upgraded from SQL Server 2008 to 2012) It seams as labels I've created using 2008 where found, but those I've created under 2012 not. Maybe something changed on how the SQL Server saves the data.

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 01 Feb 15 23:13

thenetstriker wrote:What exactly do you mean with "Does filtering by text work"? And yes, I mean the label assign panel. When I try to find a label to assign it just doesn't find anything now. Maybe it has something to to with the SQL Server version. (I've upgraded from SQL Server 2008 to 2012) It seams as labels I've created using 2008 where found, but those I've created under 2012 not. Maybe something changed on how the SQL Server saves the data.
So you're trying to search for Catalog labels, not image metadata?
You mentioned earlier you don't get a result when searching in the search box at the top right of the application; that's not the one used for the LAP.
With the LAP open there three search buttons / boxes: top left, top right (for image metadata) and at the top of the LAP (for searching labels).
Does the search box attached to the LAP give no results?
2015-02-01_221135.png
2015-02-01_221135.png (25.1 KiB) Viewed 4939 times
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

thenetstriker

Post by thenetstriker » 02 Feb 15 0:12

Yes, exactly, this is the search box that should return my image labels, but doesn't return anything since the rebuild of the index. Any ideas what could cause this?

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 02 Feb 15 12:29

thenetstriker wrote:Yes, exactly, this is the search box that should return my image labels, but doesn't return anything since the rebuild of the index. Any ideas what could cause this?
Sorry, no idea.
Please submit a bug report at http://mantis.idimager.com/
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

thenetstriker

Post by thenetstriker » 02 Feb 15 13:43

I've already found a solution for the problem. I've found out that the difference betreen a LIKE and a CONTAINS query is that the CONTAINS query searches using the fulltext catalog and the LIKE query searches directly. I've just recreated the fulltext catalog and now can find the labels again.

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Feb 15 13:50

:shock: why did you alter the schema? Of course odd things will happen when you make changes to the database schema.

thenetstriker

Post by thenetstriker » 02 Feb 15 14:04

I didn't alter anything, but I've moved the database from the old SQL Server 2008 to the new SQL Server 2012. Maybe this messed up the index somehow.