Tiff Files Open Outside PS 3 for Mac

wesstl

Tiff Files Open Outside PS 3 for Mac

Post by wesstl » 25 Jan 15 23:33

When I double click a Raw file in PS 3 it opens in PS 3 Preview. But when I double click a Tiff file in PS 3 it opens in the default app for Tiff files which happens to be Photoshop. How do I get tiffs to work the same as Raw in PS 3? I want a double click to always put me in Preview mode. Thanks.

Hert

Re: Tiff Files Open Outside PS 3 for Mac

Post by Hert » 27 Jan 15 0:59

A warm welcome to the forum.

Could be that your TIF file's file size exceeds the file size limit in the Preferences. If so, increase the limit
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

wesstl

Post by wesstl » 30 Jan 15 20:37

Thanks. I checked my preferences and the file sizes and they were under the limit set. I tried increasing the limit anyway and it didn't help. Any other ideas?

Hert

Post by Hert » 31 Jan 15 7:44

wesstl wrote:Any other ideas?
There's also a remote possibility that you accidentally added the TIF file extension to the list of "other extensions" in Preferences.
There are no other possible conditions that I can think of that could cause a TIF file to be opened in an external application on double click.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system