What would you do if Photo Supreme fails to start?

dpaine

What would you do if Photo Supreme fails to start?

Post by dpaine » 25 Jan 15 3:16

I have already put a bug report on Mantis (although this could easily have been "user error"), but while I'm waiting for a response I thought perhaps someone on the forum could help me out.

After importing lots of images, adding and altering a lot of metadata, after a Windows 8 update, and after an update to Photo Supreme V3 2062... Photo Supreme would no longer start up. Neither double clicking the icon nor trying "run as administrator" seemed to do anything. Rebooting and a program de-install/re-install seemed to have no effect. I didn't recognize any tasks (from Task Manager) that seemed to belong to Photo Supreme.

Mercifully, SQLite Expert indicated that the database passed its integrity check. I noticed "idimager.cat.db" is 951,823 KB (is that close to a limit?).

I'd rather not go back to a backup file, because as mentioned earlier I've done a lot of work in the last couple of days that I would hate to lose.

I have a lingering thought that I'd read a warning about a Windows update causing problems for Photo Supreme, but I can't find it now so maybe I dreamed it. :oops:

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

- David P

Hert

Re: What would you do if Photo Supreme fails to start?

Post by Hert » 25 Jan 15 7:56

What I would do? Hmm, I would rule out if it's a database issue or not by starting with another database (move the database to another folder)
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

dpaine

Post by dpaine » 25 Jan 15 16:42

I have done as suggested (moved the database to a different folder). This did allow Photo Supreme to run. Progress.

I tried removing the thumbnail database in case the problem was within that db, but with that change PS3 still failed to start

I would really appreciate ideas for what to do next.

Current status summary:
1. database passed SQLite Expert integrity check
2. something in the database causes PS3 to fail
3. removing the thumbnail database does not fix the problem

- David P

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Jan 15 17:48

And what if you run this query on your database?

Code: Select all

delete from idImageData where DataName = 'LASTACTIVETABS'
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

dpaine

Post by dpaine » 25 Jan 15 22:59

Bless you!

Running the query fixed the problem. I did initially replace "delete" with "select *" to see what was out there. The result was one line including some obscure (to me) hex data.

Summarized actions and results:
1. database passed SQLite Expert integrity check
2. something in the database causes PS3 to fail
3. removing the thumbnail database does not fix the problem
4. performing the query " delete from idImageData where DataName = 'LASTACTIVETABS' " enabled PS3 to run properly with my data seemingly intact

Thank you very much for getting my data back in good shape!

- David P