Tiff Redate Issues

fsalveson

Tiff Redate Issues

Post by fsalveson » 17 Jan 15 15:56

I scanned old photos to tif format, then later converted them to jpgs. The jpgs redate without problems, but many of the tifs will not redate. I have tried redating using Ctrl + Shift + D and also from within the Details panel. The date I have been trying to change is the Date-Time Original. Attached is a copy of my settings. Often the "Date" in the info panel will change (though not 100% of the time), but the Date-Time Original, found in the details panel, will not change. I always version my jpgs, but the tifs won't date change either before or after the photos have been versioned.

I notice the photos will sort apparently using the "Date" in the info panel, but the renaming procedure apparently uses the "Date-Time Original", so unless I can change the Date-Time Original my Tifs won't rename properly, either. The renaming script I use is: %yyyy%mm%dd-%ImageNumber{offset=0;length=4 .%fileExtension.

Attachments are as follow:
1. Date Change Settings used in Ctrl + Shift + D
2. Copy of photo showing Info panel Date
3. Copy of Photo showing Date-Time Original in details panel
4. Copy of Tif photo that resists date changes

I also posted a similar explanation in Mantis #0002743, but the issue hasn’t been addressed there yet, so I’m posting it here in case someone else has found a solution or workaround for the problem.
Attachments
1967 Wildrose farm Peru - Franklin 004.tif
4. Copy of Tif photo that resists date changes
1967 Wildrose farm Peru - Franklin 004.tif (901.17 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
Detail panel 1967-07-01 tif.pdf
3. Copy of Photo showing Date-Time Original in details panel
(140.56 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Info Panel 1967-07-01 tif.pdf
2. Copy of photo showing Info panel Date
(131.52 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Date Change Settings.PNG
1. Date Change Settings used in Ctrl + Shift + D
Date Change Settings.PNG (34.62 KiB) Viewed 1139 times

Hert

Re: Tiff Redate Issues

Post by Hert » 17 Jan 15 16:34

Please don't cross post. The ticket is in mantis and if you want to bring it back under attention then bump it with a comment there.

Also see my reply there. This is not related to TIFs

http://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=2743
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system