Question about Recipes

Mike Buckley

Question about Recipes

Post by Mike Buckley » 16 Nov 14 17:44

While working on my issue ultimately solved by Lippe about vertically oriented images being displayed horizontally, I used the bracket keys to rotate the images. When I rotate the images of RAW files, I am allowed to access the recipe panel using the recipe indicator displayed in the top left corner of the image. Not so when I rotate the images of JPEGs even though the display of the recipe indicator is enabled in the Options menu. Is the behavior supposed to be different for JPEGs and RAW files?

lippe

Re: Question about Recipes

Post by lippe » 16 Nov 14 20:33

Lippe here again and risking to be catalogized as stalker ;)

The raw file is unaltered and the rotation is done by the Photo Supreme rotation recipe. So only Photo Supreme is aware of the image rotation.
The jpg file is altered by a real rotation so there is not recipe even when synchronizing the file. :o

I don't know if this behavior expected. I did not find it in the documentation.
Photo Supreme V3, LR6, FPV, PSE14 - vaio i5 @ 2.5GHz + 8GB , 850 EVO 500GB - WD 1TB - Windows 10 Pro 64 bits- DS216play - EOS 600D

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 16 Nov 14 20:50

Your help is always welcome, so also please feel free to stalk me. :mrgreen:

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 19 Nov 14 10:04

I have now discovered that some JPEGs display the Recipe icon and some don't. I can't reliably reproduce this.

lippe

Post by lippe » 19 Nov 14 11:34

In details (panel) > XMP Advanded you find the 'iles' section. If you select the thumb where no Recipe Icon is displayed, and compare with one with recipe , do you notice a difference in the details?
Photo Supreme V3, LR6, FPV, PSE14 - vaio i5 @ 2.5GHz + 8GB , 850 EVO 500GB - WD 1TB - Windows 10 Pro 64 bits- DS216play - EOS 600D

Hert

Post by Hert » 19 Nov 14 13:42

The Recipe icon is displayed when there's a recipe stored in the database for that image. No recipe stored equals no recipe icon.
XMP Advanded you find the 'iles' section
The iles schema will only be available when the image has a recipe and that image is synchronized. The recipe info is then stored as an ILES.
For anyone interested: ILES is the abbreviation for IDimager Lossless Editing Schema
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 19 Nov 14 14:30

The next time I come across a JPEG which I know has been rotated that displays no recipe icon, I'll check it out. I can't remember from a few days ago which JPEGs that had been rotated weren't displaying it. That could have been caused by a temporary display issue, as I didn't try exiting and restarting, rebooting or anything.