Unable upgrade PS2 to PS3

Genagen

Unable upgrade PS2 to PS3

Post by Genagen » 16 Nov 14 0:03

Hi!

I am not able to upgrade database PSv2 to pSv3. I downoloaded Photo supreme V3, installed it and runn it. Only thing I get is following error message:
photosupremev3upgrade.png
photosupremev3upgrade.png (74.2 KiB) Viewed 4012 times
Google did not help.

thanks in advance for any help.

lippe

Re: Unable upgrade PS2 to PS3

Post by lippe » 16 Nov 14 9:25

Hi, if you have a database backup before you started the upgrade, try to compact it first in V2 and make a new backup again.Then try do update to V3. Once the database is converted to V3, it cannot used in V2.
Photo Supreme V3, LR6, FPV, PSE14 - vaio i5 @ 2.5GHz + 8GB , 850 EVO 500GB - WD 1TB - Windows 10 Pro 64 bits- DS216play - EOS 600D

vlad

Post by vlad » 16 Nov 14 10:15

Hi Genagen,
I'm as clueless as the omniscient Google about your upgrade error, but I'd like to point out in light of Lippe's remarks that there is a way to run PS2 and PS3 independently (on seperate databases), just in case you're interested to do this during a transition period. (I've been doing this quite successfully myself.) Read Lippe's post here for the details: http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php ... 67#p107433
(You might want to browse that whole thread for a couple of transitioning pitfalls, but don't get discouraged: they're quite easy to avoid once you're aware of them; and, of course, PS3 is great, so you may never want to look back.)

Good luck with your upgrade!

Genagen

Post by Genagen » 16 Nov 14 13:55

lippe wrote:Hi, if you have a database backup before you started the upgrade, try to compact it first in V2 and make a new backup again.Then try do update to V3. Once the database is converted to V3, it cannot used in V2.
That what I did. Today I tried to backup database from PSv2 and upgrade this backup to v3 - with similar result.

I am really pissed off frankly speaking. PSv2 is way behind idimager v5 from functionality point of view. Upgrade to PSv3 is only way for me not to waste ton of work I did in PSv2 after I upgraded from IDv5...

HCS

Post by HCS » 16 Nov 14 15:31

Genagen wrote: ... I am really pissed off frankly speaking. ...
Don't be. Send an email to the support address, Hert's support is second to none. He will try to help you for sure and most probably will actually solve this.

Genagen

Post by Genagen » 16 Nov 14 15:48

I know where the problem is. On table idFilePath unique index should be created like that:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX idx_ak_idFilePath1 ON idFilePath (
FilePath,
MediumType,
MediumName,
MediumSerial
);

And gues what - this condition is not valid in my database. I use Idimager since v4 - maybe longer and there is a lot of garbage and duplicities in this table. I tried to clean it up - (delete like 70rows and rest 200 updated) and it did go through upgrade process. Thanx god I used to be a programmer :-)

I have not enough patience ATM to check if it seems correct or not inside PS3.

HCS

Post by HCS » 16 Nov 14 16:16

Well done !

Maybe it will help others if you let Hert know this is what you've found.

Thanks for reporting back.

murratorenew

Post by murratorenew » 20 Nov 14 21:39

I have the same problem (longtime IDimager user, and now not possible to upgrade because of the error mentioned).
What can I do?

Genagen

Post by Genagen » 05 Jan 15 16:45

murratorenew wrote:I have the same problem (longtime IDimager user, and now not possible to upgrade because of the error mentioned).
What can I do?
If you are familiar with basic RDBMS principles - download any free SQLite database manager and manually correct table idFilePath in a way that this table follows unique constraint on these colums: (FilePath, MediumType, MediumName, MediumSerial).

That is what I did and now it works for me now.

vlad

Post by vlad » 05 Jan 15 20:09

I don't have any vested interest here (since I haven't been affected by any upgrade issue), but I would expect any upgrade error caused by the database to be properly handled via Mantis or the support email. (I don't think many users are going to upgrade if they'd somehow think they might need to mess with the db on their own. IMHO, this should be a last resort only - with requesting technical support, outside this forum, being the first.)