Default program for import when inserting a memory card

RBrianTaylor

Default program for import when inserting a memory card

Post by RBrianTaylor » 14 Nov 14 18:30

Hello, I'm a newbie to Photo Supreme, and I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm testing the trial version of Photo Supreme (hoping that I can replace Lightroom), and I can't figure out how I can tell my Windows 7 computer to automatically open Photo Supreme to import photos every time I insert a memory card with photos on it. I've found the Control Panel area where I can set the default program to "choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device", but in the "Pictures" section, I do not have a choice to select Photo Supreme among the various programs I have installed on my computer. Is there a way around this?

Mke

Re: Default program for import when inserting a memory card

Post by Mke » 15 Nov 14 15:40

Hi - and welcome to the forum!

It looks as though that isn't a standard feature, however I've tracked down some software (http://defaultprogramseditor.com/) and instructions (http://www.7tutorials.com/customize-fil ... ams-editor - scroll down to "How to Manage AutoPlay Settings") that should, it would appear, allow you to set it up.

RBrianTaylor

Post by RBrianTaylor » 18 Nov 14 1:19

Thanks! While not quite as elegant as Lightroom (which automatically starts up in the import photos screen when inserting a memory card into my computer), at least the correct program opens after I made the mods you assisted me with. Thanks!

Maybe IDimager will see fit to add this native memory card support in future versions (it seems like this would be a basic feature, but maybe other people's workflows are different than mine).

jstartin

Post by jstartin » 18 Nov 14 10:53

If Photo Supreme is running first, then inserting a card should launch import automatically.
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 18 Nov 14 11:34

jstartin wrote:If Photo Supreme is running first, then inserting a card should launch import automatically.
IIRC you get a 'never ask again' option, so if it does not happen a reset of the 'do not ask again' questions (Help menu) should activate it again.

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.