Photo Supreme V3 released

Hert

Photo Supreme V3 released

Post by Hert » 23 Oct 14 22:11

Photo Supreme V3 was just released. This major update brings over 150 additions and improvements to your favorite DAM software. The most significant changes can be found in this document. At the bottom of that document you'll find a complete list of changes.

An important note to existing V2 users:
Before using the V3 update, first make a backup of your V2 data. This can be done from the Tools menu. This is important because the V3 update will do a *major* update of the database. Once you have a backup, only then install the V3 update. You can install the update over the existing V2 version, even though the setup routines may give a warning message.

Depending on the size of your database, the database upgrade to V3 can take a very long time and so you may want to run the conversion on a convenient time when you don't need the computer for other activities.

We normally use a 3 month upgrade grace period, but for this release this period was stretch to June 1st; a whopping 1.5 months longer. Everyone who bought a V2 license from our website on or after June 1st already received their free license upgrade in the Control Panel. Other users can upgrade with a 30% discount. To do so, click the link to switch to V3 from the right side column in the Control Panel.

An important note to existing V2 Server users:
If you want to test V3 then first make a backup of V2 data but it's also recommended to test with a new database. To install a new database, you can hold Win+Ctrl+Alt when you start Photo Supreme. That will present the database creation routines.

It was a joy building this update and I hope you'll enjoy the improvements that this version has to offer.
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Re: Photo Supreme V3 released

Post by Hert » 23 Oct 14 23:53

I forgot to mention, after the database migration, it's best to Compact the database.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

stevehughes

Post by stevehughes » 24 Oct 14 3:34

Brilliant Hert !

... reaching for credit card ...

Steve.

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 24 Oct 14 12:19

Hert,

I started to go through the process of purchasing the V3 upgrade but I stopped because it wants to create a new user account for me. I'm not sure if I should let it do that. I already have a user account. Will this cause me to have two user accounts? Should I have two user accounts?
Tom Stoddard

Hert

Post by Hert » 24 Oct 14 13:01

Hi Tom,
The Control Panel will use an existing account that matches the email email address that you use during purchase at ShareiT. If you use a different email address then let me know afterwards and I can merge them together.

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 24 Oct 14 14:56

Okay, got it. I just got a little confused when ShareiT asked me to create an account. Sorry!
Tom Stoddard

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 24 Oct 14 18:16

Hi Hert,
congratulations. Is it possible to migrate form IDI directly to v3 or does one have to first convert to v2 and then to v3?
Thanks,
Frank

Hert

Post by Hert » 24 Oct 14 20:36

Hi Frank, you can switch from IDimager directly to V3, but you must use the latest IDI V5 version.

Hondor

Post by Hondor » 25 Oct 14 12:23

Much obliged - I'm especially grateful for the extended grace period. I promise to pay for the next upgrade :D
- no previous experience with Idimager whatsoever...

PhilBurton

Post by PhilBurton » 13 Sep 15 20:45

IDimager wrote:Photo Supreme V3 was just released.

We normally use a 3 month upgrade grace period, but for this release this period was stretch to June 1st; a whopping 1.5 months longer. Everyone who bought a V2 license from our website on or after June 1st already received their free license upgrade in the Control Panel. Other users can upgrade with a 30% discount. To do so, click the link to switch to V3 from the right side column in the Control Panel.
I haven't done the upgrade to V3 yet but I'm ready now. Is this discount still available? The website has some information that seems "wrong" for the single user Windows version:

Licensed IDimager V5 users can switch to Photo Supreme Server Edition with a 30% discount. You can get the discount by clicking the link in your IDimager User Control Panel.

Please clarify. Thanks.
Photo Supreme user
Home built i7 3930, 32 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64, latest version of Photo Supreme 3, Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CS 6 (perpetual licenses)

Hert

Post by Hert » 13 Sep 15 21:04

IDimager licenses can switch to PSU3 with a 30% discount. As mentioned, you can click the link in the Control Panel to get the discount.