Copy Reduced Size Photo to Clipboard

gcorbin

Copy Reduced Size Photo to Clipboard

Post by gcorbin » 16 Oct 14 15:04

I wish to copy photos to the clipboard reduced in size, not full size as is currently implemented by default. Is this possible to automate, by a macro maybe?

I create a couple of newsletters per month which contain a lot of photos from Photo Supreme. When I select a photo I want, I open the adjust tool, apply the scale recipe to 2000 pixels longest edge, copy the reduced photo to the clip board, paste the reduced photo into my newsletter in Word, return to Photo Supreme and cancel the recipe as I don’t want the recipe, just a smaller clipboard copy.
I need to reduce the size of the photo in Word as full size photos make the Word document too large and slow when editing plus I often exceed the 512MB maximum file size when using full size photos. I know Word has some very simple tools to reduce photo size which I do use when I have finished the final edit of the newsletter, but they are not suitable to use while I am still resizing and recropping photos adjusting the final newsletter layout.

My current process works but it cumbersome. Is there a better way to get a reduced size image to the clipboard? Can macros help?

snowman1

Re: Copy Reduced Size Photo to Clipboard

Post by snowman1 » 16 Oct 14 15:53

You might want to consider "sharing to" a temporary folder, with appropriate resizing parameters set. This will create resized copies of your pictures in the folder you specified. Then simply use the web-sized photos you have created.
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

gcorbin

Re: Copy Reduced Size Photo to Clipboard

Post by gcorbin » 17 Oct 14 12:18

Thanks snowman1. That works perfectly and is much easer than my previous method.