Trial version - Internet connect

winnj

Trial version - Internet connect

Post by winnj » 08 Aug 14 9:27

Hi,
I've just installed the MSSQL and then the trial version.

I'm now at the point where it tells me it can't run without an internet connection. Now that's fine but in the work environment i'm behind a proxy server.

Is there anyway to give Photo Supreme the proxy sever details so it can see the internet and i can continue with the trail ?

Regards
Jonathan

Hert

Re: Trial version - Internet connect

Post by Hert » 08 Aug 14 9:50

Hello Jonathan, first of all a warm welcome to the forum.
I'm afraid that the trial mechanism doesn't support using a proxy. This is now on the list to add for the next update, but that won't help you for now. Hope that you can find an alternative way to bypass the proxy.

Sorry to have to disappoint you
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

winnj

Post by winnj » 08 Aug 14 9:53

Thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately i'm bound by the access policy at work and can't circumvent the proxy.

That means i don't get to trail the software and will have to look elsewhere for a DAM product. That's a shame as i liked the look of Photo Supreme

Regards
Jonathan

Hert

Post by Hert » 08 Aug 14 10:32

That's very unfortunate of course.
The active internet connection is only needed during the trial period. Once you own a license, no internet connection is needed.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

deneice

Post by deneice » 16 Sep 19 8:53

Hi,
I am also facing this problem and can't try this interesting software to complete my photolab workflow. I already tested other softwares and it's the first time that I encounter this anti commercial method. What a pitty ! How can I pay for a software if I can't test it. I take the time to give my opinion to help to resolve it but how many people would have done it. I'm sure there are many people who cross the street without trying to understand what appends and go an try other softwares not so complicated for the first time launching.

I'm convinced about qualities of PSU but now what's the solution ?

Username

Post by Username » 18 Sep 19 6:47

This will probably be in conflict with your company's IT Policy - but you could setup a Virtual Machine running the OS, sql/pg db as well as PhotoSupreme and then set up the VM to use a proxy out to internet.

VirtualBox is free and you can download evaluation versions of a Microsoft system of your choosing.
PSu Server 5 & Postgres 12 on macOS 10.14
PSO 5 on Windows Server 2016

- I'm the user

deneice

Post by deneice » 02 Sep 20 8:11

One year after, I give a try again with Photo Supreme to compare it with Photo Mechanics before making my choice but I am still facing the same problem of Internet Connection message after a first launch without any problem (I could not even entered in the software one year ago...). I wish this issue could have been resolved but that is not the case.
So what's the way to resolve it ? I've got a fiber connection without any proxy, and everything works perfectly on my computer but PS. If I could entered once some days ago, why am I blocked today that's not logical ?

The message window(I'm not authorized to publish URL):

Code: Select all

Infos
Please install the latest release before starting the trial period
Veuillez vous connecter à Internet et essayer à nouveau.

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Sep 20 13:28

The internet connection is fine. This message indicates that you’re trying to start a new trial for an installed version that is not the newest version.

Download the latest version from the website and install it over your existing version.