Where does this label come from?

Le_Lion_07

Where does this label come from?

Post by Le_Lion_07 » 16 Jul 14 18:52

Hello from France.

My PSU database behaves strangely. Of course, if it is an issue, it would be better to open a ticket in Mantis, but... is it an issue or is my database corrupted ?

Several catalog labels - and specially one of them called 2006.03 - Ecole - Classe de découverte à Darbres (SR) - sometimes appears where it is no expected... For one (recent) example, please see screenshoot. The photo PH_04946.jpg contains 11 catalog labels : 4 keywords, 3 location (country-state--city), 1 private, 1 creator, 1 copyrights, 1 event. The keywords are only keywords and the other labels are NOT recorded as keyword but they are mapped to their corresponding field (except the private one).

At the top of the screenshoot, you can see these 11 labels. At the bottom, after reading metadata from file to catalog, the famous 2006.03 - Ecole - Classe de découverte à Darbres (SR) is added at the list. This label (which is not a keyword, but which is mapped as event) has absolutely nothing to do here... It has no relation with the photo PH_04946.jpg. I founded no tracks of this label, nor in IPTC, nor in XMP, nowhere. So, when I read metadata from file to catalog... where it comes from ?
Attachments
2014-07-16 19_17_44-Photo Supreme _ Base de données Tout.cat.jpg
2014-07-16 19_17_44-Photo Supreme _ Base de données Tout.cat.jpg (156.98 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
Photographies

L'importance du regard...
Tant qu'il y aura des étoiles...

Hert

Re: Where does this label come from?

Post by Hert » 16 Jul 14 22:31

If you can compact your database then the database isn't corrupt.

When a Catalog label appears then most likely it is in the image. PSU won't make up its own catalog label. If you can send me the original image I'd be happy to look at its metadata.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Le_Lion_07

Post by Le_Lion_07 » 16 Jul 14 22:52

I can compact the database.

The "issue" with this label called 2006.03 - Ecole - Classe de découverte à Darbres (SR) had occurred several times in the past.

First, I found a mysterious entry inside Catalog > Image Details > Description, after I've wrote metadata to files. This entry is made with... a few spaces (?) and it appears at the top of screen as : "( here are the spaces )". To "kill" it, I have to read metadata from the concerned file(s) to catalog, then the bad entry with spaces disappears. But very often at this time, it is 2006.03 - Ecole - Classe de découverte à Darbres (SR) which appears in the list of labels...

Hum... Not so clear, isn't it ? A little bit difficult to explain, specially in english, sorry.

P.S.: Hert, I've send the file. Now, it will be midnight here soon. Good night...
Photographies

Hert

Post by Hert » 17 Jul 14 9:01

Thank you for the sample file. I've checked it and there's no reference to a "Ecole" label in the metadata.

As it appears "magically" in your catalog, could it be that you have something misconfigured in the details of a catalog labels, which generates this keyword ? It can't be assigned on its own and so it must be somewhere in the configuration. Maybe you've made a mapping to a keyword? Or maybe you've entered metadata for a catalog label that has a keyword in it?

If you can send me a copy of your catalog database (not the thumbs, just the catalog) then I can have a look at that as well.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Le_Lion_07

Post by Le_Lion_07 » 17 Jul 14 17:47

I've just send to you an email with a link to download the database.
Photographies

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 Jul 14 11:14

Thank you for the database. Quite a puzzle. I found the issue. The issue is caused because the word "Arbres" also occurs inside the synonyms for the "2006.03 Ecole ..." catalog label.
I've fixed this for a future update. But for now, best to remove or reword the synonym for the "2006.03 Ecole" label

BTW; this is an issue coming from IDI5. One more reason to stop using IDI5. PSU is so much more evolved.

Hope that helps

Le_Lion_07

Post by Le_Lion_07 » 18 Jul 14 14:20

IDimager wrote:Thank you for the database. Quite a puzzle. I found the issue. The issue is caused because the word "Arbres" also occurs inside the synonyms for the "2006.03 Ecole ..." catalog label.
I've fixed this for a future update. But for now, best to remove or reword the synonym for the "2006.03 Ecole" label
Thank you, I'll do that for the moment. For the moment, because yes, "Arbre" and "Arbres" exists as keywords but the label "2005.03 Ecole, etc." does not contain "Arbres". It contains "Darbres", which is the name of a place. Btw, I have the same issue with a few other labels, including "1998.09 - Maison de repos de Saint-Pierre-de-Bœuf (dPO)", which has "1998.09 - Maison de repos de Saint-Pierre-de-Boeuf (dPO)" as synonym. The difference is between "Bœuf" with "œ" (one character) and "Boeuf" with "oe" (o + e). I presume that here again the issue comes from the synonym.
IDimager wrote:BTW; this is an issue coming from IDI5. One more reason to stop using IDI5. PSU is so much more evolved.
I use no more IDi5, except for generate html, but as I told you, the 2 catalogs are separated and the photos used in IDi5 are always copies, never the original ones. There is no possibility of exchange between the 2 catalogs. But my actual PSU catalog was imported/converted from my old IDi5 catalog. A possible explanation ?
Photographies