Versioning quircks and limitations

vlad

Versioning quircks and limitations

Post by vlad » 18 Jun 14 11:12

Hello,

I'm on my second day of PSU trial and I've discovered many promising things. Yet, after playing a bit with versioning, I've also become aware of some apparent limitations:
1. There is no (simple) way to change the placeholder for multiple versions at the same time.
2. There is no (simple) way to unassign the placeholder for multiple versions at the same time.
3. There is no way to unselect any placeholder in an import profile, once it has been selected (within the Apply versioning option).
4. Only the album display placeholder can be succesfully toggled (marked or unamrked) within the Tools -> Preferences -> Catalog -> Version place holders option. Toggling the availability of any other placeholder seems to be ignored. (Is this a bug?)
5. The Dynamic Search logic involving versions and placeholders is partially flawed (inconsistent), as explained in detail by David Grundy and Tom Stoppard: http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php ... aceholders.

Are all these genuine limitations or am I missing something? (I don't think any of them is a showstopper - I just want to summarize and double-check my findings so far.)

Vlad

Hert

Re: Versioning quircks and limitations

Post by Hert » 18 Jun 14 12:51

Hi Vlad,
Thank you for your input.
vlad wrote:1. There is no (simple) way to change the placeholder for multiple versions at the same time.
2. There is no (simple) way to unassign the placeholder for multiple versions at the same time.
This script may be helpfule:
http://repository.idimager.com/cgi-bin/ ... dfc5178d35
3. There is no way to unselect any placeholder in an import profile, once it has been selected (within the Apply versioning option).
I had to check this one as it appeared incorrect. But you're right. It is now fixed for the next update.
4. Only the album display placeholder can be succesfully toggled (marked or unamrked) within the Tools -> Preferences -> Catalog -> Version place holders option. Toggling the availability of any other placeholder seems to be ignored. (Is this a bug?)
I'll dive into this.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 Jun 14 13:01

vlad wrote:4. Only the album display placeholder can be succesfully toggled (marked or unamrked) within the Tools -> Preferences -> Catalog -> Version place holders option. Toggling the availability of any other placeholder seems to be ignored. (Is this a bug?)
I just checked this but it works fine here. But I do remember that there was an issue in an earlier version with this. Maybe you're not using the latest version? Use Help -> Check for Updates to see if there's a newer version
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

vlad

Post by vlad » 19 Jun 14 12:39

Hi Hert,

Thanks for the answer and the swap placeholder script - it works (although the placeholder counters in Catalog -> By Version Placeholders are not refreshed after running it).
IDimager wrote:
vlad wrote:4. Only the album display placeholder can be succesfully toggled (marked or unamrked) within the Tools -> Preferences -> Catalog -> Version place holders option. Toggling the availability of any other placeholder seems to be ignored. (Is this a bug?)
I just checked this but it works fine here. But I do remember that there was an issue in an earlier version with this. Maybe you're not using the latest version? Use Help -> Check for Updates to see if there's a newer version
That's very strange: I am using the latest version 2.2.3.1042 (64-bit on Windows 7, if it matters) and I can reproduce it every time, even after restarting the program. Should I log the bug in Mantis?

Hert

Post by Hert » 19 Jun 14 14:24

You mean ticking the checkmark in front of the PlaceHolders in Preferences-. Catalog, correct? Just checked again and it works fine. You can log a bug in Mantis, maybe add a video also to illustrate it. Because I can't do anything until this is reproducible here.