Database malformed after loss of electrical power

Ruhell

Database malformed after loss of electrical power

Post by Ruhell » 08 Mar 14 16:08

Hi
Last night when I was working with PSU all electrical power in the neighbourhood disappeared. Today when I restarted my pc and PSU there where something wrong with my database. I've tried to compact both the catalog and thumbs db to see if that had any effect, but that didn't help. For most of it, PSU seems to be working normal but...

If I choose a folder/label/rating - then select "filter" (top right) - then select "label" or "type" I get a message stating "Database disk image is malformed (0)", click "ok" and it disappears. If I click "label" or "type" again I get this message "Cannot start a transaction within a transaction (0)", "ok" and the box disappears. Try again and the same message returns :(
Any ideas, any easy fixes without having to restore from BU

Rune

weidmic

Re: Database malformed after loss of electrical power

Post by weidmic » 08 Mar 14 18:57

Most likely you will have to restore your DB from your last backup :(
If your images where in sync, you should be able to get back to work with minimal effort...

Just copy your last working dababase to the old location and do a rescan - all changes should be recognized and after the changes have been imported all should be fine

Cheers,
Michael
PSUServer 6.x, PostgreSQL 12.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com

Hert

Post by Hert » 08 Mar 14 20:24

Sorry to hear about the power failure.

First try a compact of the database, maybe it's only the thumbs database that is corrupt. Otherwise follow Michael's advise
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Ruhell

Post by Ruhell » 09 Mar 14 13:28

I was kind of windy yesterday so I didn't fancy turning on my pc and do any DB stuff on it in case the power would drop out again, anyway..

I still had the same malfunction today after doing several compacts of the DB. I'm keeping 3 backups of SUP which I'm alternating on using (SUP BU #1, #2 & #3).
I renamed (to keep it just in case) the corrupted .cat DB (in C:\Users\Rune\AppData\Local\IDimager Systems, Inc\Catalog) and copied the last BU .cat DB into it. then tried to restart SUP. SUP then said the DB was corrupted and didn't even want to start and gave me the full login dialog with DB path, password++ bummer, did that mean that my last BU was malformed as well?
I then copied SUP BU #2 into the catalog path and SUP restart fine, but had to do the DB conversion (took close to 1hr I think). Unfortunately this BU was from mid january, so all labels I've attached to my pictures after that was gone.
I tried CTRL+Alt+F12 to see if that would read the labels back into my DB, but no, it didn't.
Since I'm always keeping my DB synced the labels are written as keyword into each file. Is there any way of making SUP read those keywords back into the DB and convert them to their respective label?

Rune

Ruhell

Post by Ruhell » 09 Mar 14 13:44

Ok, I went into "Tools" - "Preferences" - "Synchronize Settings" - "Read Settings" and changed "Keywords Processing" from "Do not convert keywords to Catalog labels" till "Merge keyword with existing catalog labels" then "Applied", selected a picture, did Ctrl+Alt+F12 and all labels came back for that picture - what a JOY

Rune