Version Sets

demiosss

Version Sets

Post by demiosss » 06 Mar 14 15:01

Hi,

I have a collection of 100,000+ images and have used Nikon cameras for the last few years, so all files are DSC_xxxx. I have used version sets to tag both the RAW and JPEG but was finding that because the names often rotate in my collection (i.e. DSC_9999 -> DSC_0001) and this led to version sets being mixed up while they shared the same file name and when tagging assigning the wrong labels.

To resolve that (and also make it easier to order them externally) i decided to rename all files to yyyymmdd-origFileName e.g. 20130622-DSC_2500.JPG which i have done, clear the version sets and then i run version set detection and tag safely.

However it seems PhotoSupreme is behaving inconsistently when i run version set detection on the JPEG files. When i ran detection on a folder with ~1000 JPEG images (RAW files are in a subfolder from there) some images were identified correctly (i.e. JPEG to RAW) but then others were showing as sets with other files and some had many many versions detected.

I read http://manualsu.idimager.com/version_detection.html and it seems that maybe the naming convention is being detected as versions of the same file? However it seems that as that document states a "-01" can match to a different name, if that were the case all my files would have multiple matches for a version. It does seem random from what i see which ones are matched and which aren't. In addition for files which did match multiple items i tried deleting the version set, running version detection again on that file and then it correctly identified just a single match.

I'm really frustrated after doing so much renaming to be stuck on this, if the files aren't in version sets correctly then i would have to tag JPG and RAW separately - for which doing over my whole collection is unfeasible. Could you clarify what the rules are / how i can version detect for my files to just match a JPEG to RAW with the same file before the type extension.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hert

Re: Version Sets

Post by Hert » 07 Mar 14 10:49

Can you try this again with the latest update that can be downloaded from the website? In that version the file name matching in the version detection was improved.

Thank you
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

demiosss

Re: Version Sets

Post by demiosss » 07 Mar 14 13:59

Fantastic, that now seems to be working perfectly with the file set i was testing on before.

Another tick for a great product / support.

Thanks