ps v2 import from galaxy s4 connected to pc

pquart

ps v2 import from galaxy s4 connected to pc

Post by pquart » 25 Feb 14 2:14

I have already updated to v2 before I got this phone so I don't know if this was a problem before v2 or not.

I have win 8.1 and a samsung galaxy s4 phone. the phone is on android 4.3. When I connect the phone to the pc via usb I can see the phone AS A PHONE under devices and drives in THIS PC. It does not show as a disk drive. I can use Windows to copy pictures and video from it to any folder I wish, but PS import does not see this non-disk-drive device and thus cannot import pictures from it.

Any one have any ideas how to make ps import work? I really don't want to work without its import features....

Hert

Re: ps v2 import from galaxy s4 connected to pc

Post by Hert » 25 Feb 14 7:14

You should be able to connect the phone as a mass storage device

http://www.device-recovery.com/how-to-c ... orage-mode
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 25 Feb 14 9:14

This sounds suspiciously similar to the behaviour of PSU with Windows Phone 8 devices. See Mantis issue 0001917
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Feb 14 9:28

Can't a Windows Phone be connected as a USB storage device?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 25 Feb 14 11:48

I don't think so. There may be some hack out there, but that's something I don't particularly want to do. I find it interesting that Lightroom shows it as an import device without trouble. There's clearly some way in which it can be handled, but for the moment, I've resigned myself to manual importing.
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

pquart

Post by pquart » 25 Feb 14 14:56

I have tried the procedure to turn on debug mode on the phone and make it connect as a drive. Debug mode turns on but the phone continues to connect as a device not a drive. I have tried all the other things google searches say to do to the phone and it continues to connect as a device.

While connected as a device, Windows live photo and lightroom 5.3 can see it as a device and import pictures from it. I don't want to use them to do my imports, I want to use ps v2!

Is there some way to get a fix for the ps v2 import so that it will work with this?