Problem importing video-files

Jesperben

Problem importing video-files

Post by Jesperben » 20 Feb 14 22:22

Hi

I use PSU 2.0.3.1022 64 bits.

I try to import a small number of video files into my catalog, but I have problems. When importing certain avi-files PSU freeze both the program and my computer, and I have to do a hard reset. Some of the avi-files are imported fine.

1. Is there a size limit for the files that can be imported? Some of the avi-files are 5-8 gigabyte, could the size be the reason for the problems?

2. When this happens it leaves a partly imported file in my catalog. How do I remove this entry? Whenever I choose the file, the computer freezes again?

Thanks for any ideas.

(My computer is quite new and powerful)
Trying to get a lot of old pictures out to the family

Hert

Re: Problem importing video-files

Post by Hert » 20 Feb 14 22:28

PSU probably doesn't freeze but it tries to parse the blocks in the files and for 8gb videos that can take a while indeed. Maybe you can delete the files from the catalog by deleting the folder that they are in in FOLDERS
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Jesperben

Post by Jesperben » 21 Feb 14 10:57

Thank you, I deleted the folder, so now I can move on.

(Maybe PSU didn't really freeze, but I was unable to do anything on the computer - including Alt+Ctr+Delete.)

Jesperben

Post by Jesperben » 22 Feb 14 13:33

I have now imported some mp4-videofiles. Import went fine. Opened assign-panel went fine. But when I opened Details-panel the program froze again (or what it is).

This file is 430 mb
Maybe I shouldn't use PSU for videos?

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Feb 14 13:48

PSU doesn't do anything with your mp4 files so it can't be related to the mp4 file. Thumbs for mp4 files are generated by Windows, and as I think about it, thumbs for files of over 400MB are, by default, also generated by Windows. So that also includes your very large AVI file.

Something else must be wrong.

Did you already try to compact the database? If so, did you try to do a clean installation?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Jesperben

Post by Jesperben » 22 Feb 14 17:05

Compacting did the job, sorry I didn't try that before bothering you. (I had just compacted, but that was before I imported the mp4-files).

I can see that the metadata is saved in a sidecar-file. I thought you could save metadata inside a mp4-file, but maybe that's my misunderstanding?