New feature in latest update

HCS

New feature in latest update

Post by HCS » 19 Feb 14 22:13

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and rather new to PSU.

I updated to the latest release and found the release notes in another thread. One of the improvements is "Added support for CaptureOne .cos sidecar files".

What does this entail? Is it picking up metadata from Capture One? Or also the versions? What about the preview based on the recipe in CO?

Hert

Re: New feature in latest update

Post by Hert » 20 Feb 14 14:12

It means that the sidecar files will be kept together with your image files, so when you move/delete/rename files then the sidecar files will mirror the changes.
Is it picking up metadata from Capture One?
I Assume that C1 is writing its metadata in the standard XMP or IPTC format in the image file. That will then be read by PSU
Or also the versions? What about the preview based on the recipe in CO?
The content of the sidecar files is proprietary to CaptureOne.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

HCS

Re: New feature in latest update

Post by HCS » 21 Feb 14 19:16

Thanks for the reply.

IDimager wrote:It means that the sidecar files will be kept together with your image files, so when you move/delete/rename files then the sidecar files will mirror the changes.
The .cos files are in a sub-directory in the image directory. Is that taken into account?
IDimager wrote:
Is it picking up metadata from Capture One?
I Assume that C1 is writing its metadata in the standard XMP or IPTC format in the image file. That will then be read by PSU
It does, but not for RAW files.
IDimager wrote:
Or also the versions? What about the preview based on the recipe in CO?
The content of the sidecar files is proprietary to CaptureOne.

Hert
I understand, but it would be nice if one could specify an external renderer for the thumbnails as well.