Error browsing through a number of photos with SQLServer

stevehughes

Error browsing through a number of photos with SQLServer

Post by stevehughes » 09 Jan 14 7:36

Hi,

I grabbed the SQL version today 2.0.0.1016 and set it up on a few PCs. Some things i've found so far:

- On the 32-bit version, after browsing through a number of photos (say about 20-30) I start to get 'Access Violation (0)' every time I move to a new photo. It seems to happen only on the 32-bit installs.
- Upon first open, the import dialog is presented, even if the user is a browse-only user. Minor thing but ....
- A browse-only user cannot drag/drop items into the dynamic search. He has to use the right-click menu to use Dynamic Search.
- I added my 3 user licences to the licence pool and it came up with 3 concurrent users. Good stuff. But at some stage it dropped lost these (might have been when I created a new database - not sure) and went back to only 1 user. So I re-added my three licences and now it is showing 4 concurrent users :-)

Steve.

[update Hert; changed the title]

stevehughes

Re: Some issues with first release of 2.0

Post by stevehughes » 09 Jan 14 8:10

Oops. Probably should have put these into Mantis. Sorry.

Hert

Post by Hert » 09 Jan 14 11:43

stevehughes wrote:- On the 32-bit version, after browsing through a number of photos (say about 20-30) I start to get 'Access Violation (0)' every time I move to a new photo. It seems to happen only on the 32-bit installs.
I can't reproduce this here, I've stepped through maybe 200 images and didn't get an error. Could it be related to one single images in your collection?
- Upon first open, the import dialog is presented, even if the user is a browse-only user. Minor thing but ....
Ah, a little irrelevant for such users.
- A browse-only user cannot drag/drop items into the dynamic search. He has to use the right-click menu to use Dynamic Search.
- I added my 3 user licences to the licence pool and it came up with 3 concurrent users. Good stuff. But at some stage it dropped lost these (might have been when I created a new database - not sure) and went back to only 1 user. So I re-added my three licences and now it is showing 4 concurrent users :-)
It is possible to add the main-admin license to the license pool as well. Until this is resolved a a nice bonus ;)
Probably should have put these into Mantis
Yes indeed ;)

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

stevehughes

Post by stevehughes » 10 Jan 14 2:04

I dont think it's related to particular images. It seems quite random.

This morning I installed it on a few more PCs and a couple of Macs. I get the error randomly on the Macs and the 32-bit PCs but I haven't seen it yet on the 64-bit PCs, while wandering through the same set of images.

One thing I noted on the Macs is that 'Open in Finder' is greyed out.

Overall it looks very good. On both Mac and PC its very snappy and smooth in operation.

Steve

stevehughes

Post by stevehughes » 03 Jun 14 4:40

Hi,

just re-visiting this old post. I am now running 2.1.0.1027 at this site, and the problem with Access Violation (0) is still happening. I'm even surer now that its only happening on the 32 bit machines (Vista SP2). I haven't seen this error on the Win 7 64-bit machines or on the 2008R2 RD server.

It seems to happen quite randomly when browsing through photos, and also happens during import, so I don't think its tied to any particular image.

Is there any logging info I can collect that would help debug this ?

Steve

stevehughes

Post by stevehughes » 03 Jun 14 6:48

I'd better take something back. After a bit more use I was able to get the same error on a 64-bit machine. In this case it was followed by "TSQLServerConnection : Error 0"

I'll investigate further - might be a network issue. But any thoughts would be welcome.

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 Jun 14 7:14

Steve, You're using a build that's fairly old. Does it also happen in that latest build, which is 2.2.1.1038?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

stevehughes

Post by stevehughes » 03 Jun 14 8:51

Hi Hert,

Just tried with 2.2.1.1038 and I get the same problem.

Steve.

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 Jun 14 11:27

I just stepped through 945 images and got no error doing so.

Is there a side panel open (Info, or Details, or Label Assignment Panel)? Can you reproduce it when all panels are closed? If you can still reproduce it, can you then send me a screenshot with the error, not just the error, but the full screen? Either attach it here or send by email to support@idimager.com

UPDATE; now I've also browsed through 100 images on the Mac and again no issues. Maybe some network component? Are you on a wired network? Any TCP/IP issues on the network? Just some first thoughts.

stevehughes

Re: Error browsing through a number of photos with SQLServer

Post by stevehughes » 03 Jun 14 22:49

Thanks Hert.

FYI all panels are closed. Yes I wonder too about network integrity. It's a wired network but I'll do some digging.

Cheers,
Steve.