Can't get labels into file

Hert

Re: Can't get labels into file

Post by Hert » 24 Oct 13 12:57

If this works then that indicates that there's something not right with your database (the last test would either rule out the database or your computer as the culprit).

Would it be possible to send me a copy of your database? No need for the thumbs database, just the catalog.

Thank you
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Jesperben

Post by Jesperben » 24 Oct 13 13:45

Database is sent by mail to support@idimager.com
Trying to get a lot of old pictures out to the family

Hert

Post by Hert » 24 Oct 13 20:11

First the good news. Your database is fine, no issues there.

So now I'm thinking that it might have to do with the USB drive. Can you try this.
1. Start PSU
2. Select File -> Import Single Files
3. Select any file from the USB drive
4. After this, try if you can sync

Does that work?

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Jesperben

Post by Jesperben » 24 Oct 13 23:12

Wonderful news about the database!

I am sorry to say this: For most images in my test it works fine, for one it didn't work. And the original problematic files still won't work even if I import them this way.

It's very confusing for me. I hope it tells you something?

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Oct 13 12:48

Jesper, up to now I assumed that this happened for *all* your files.
If this is not the case, can you point out one file for me that can't be synced? I can then look it up here in your database

Hert

Jesperben

Post by Jesperben » 25 Oct 13 13:16

It did happen to all the images I tested - when using the importer. But following your advice, deleting the options file and using the single file-import, most of the new images, I imported, worked. The existing problems are still the same though. I know it sounds strange.

This is the address of the first folder I tried to import in PSU. Alle files except one are out of sync. The images are placed on the external hard drive:
​G: Billeder/Fuld/2000/2003/05

This is another image on the external hard drive out of sync:
G:\Billeder\Fuld\1950\1955\00\A1X41-1130007.jpg

This is a test image on the internal disk also out of sync:
C:\Users\JesperBeenfeldt\Desktop\Klassebillede.jpg

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Oct 13 23:05

Jesper,

Yes!, I took one of my images, copied it to the desktop and renamed it to Klassebillede.jpg. Then I relocated your Desktop folder to my Desktop folder. Trying to sync the file fails. Exactly what i need, because now I have it reproduced. I haven't dug further into it yet but was excited that I finally see what you see, so thought I'd keep you informed first.

Hert

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Oct 13 23:26

Jesper,

Here's the solution...
1. Open the details for catalog label "Middelfart"
2. In Metadata Settings, click the button "Detail Profile"
3. Click Apply

This reminds me of something that I completely forgot about. The Details that IDimager writes to a catalog label aren't compatible with PSU. In this case, the sync-thread chokes on the Image Details, and hence it never completes sync'ing

There may be more catalog labels that need their Image Details cleaned out.

Hert

Jesperben

Post by Jesperben » 26 Oct 13 0:01

Thank you very much Hert, this was the solution!

I can't say that I understand this 100 %, but I did as you described at a few labels, and now everything is in sync. It seems to have been some of the geographic labels that had the problem, but far from all. Maybe more will show up, but now I know what to do.

Hert, I am very impressed with your commitment to get this problem solved - even on a late friday night! I am very glad you did it.

(If you consider this to be a general issue, maybe you should include a warning in the description on how to convert from IDI to PSU).

Now hopefully I'll leave you to your busy work with version 2 for a while!

Jesper