Picassaweb now sent to Google+

OldRadioGuy

Picassaweb now sent to Google+

Post by OldRadioGuy » 18 Oct 13 20:26

The Share images section refers to "Picassaweb" as an option. Some time back Google essentially eliminated Picassaweb, diverting images stored and sent to that location to Google+.

Using the option in Photo Supreme still works, but uploaded images go to Google+

Bob
macOS High Sierra; 27-inch iMac, Retina 5K; Photo Supreme 4; DxO PhotoLab 2; ON1 Photo RAW 2019; Alien Skin ExposureX4; Affinity Photo 1.6.7; PhotoLine

tstoddard

Re: Picassaweb now sent to Google+

Post by tstoddard » 18 Oct 13 20:59

Bob,

This is not exactly true. By default, the picasaweb url will redirect you to google+ but it is possible to prevent that by logging in using picasaweb.google.com/?noredirect=1

I discovered some issues a while back that Hert spent a lot of time on for me to fix. Thanks again Hert! The problems resulted because of empty albums that somehow got saved to my picasaweb account. Those albums don't show up in Google+ for some reason, or at least they didn't at that time. The only way to delete those albums was to log in directly to picasaweb. After a lot of searching I finally found an article that addressed the issue. There are lots of links to this topic now when you just google "picasa redirects to google+". The solution was to add the ?noredirect=1 to the picasaweb url. I just tried it and it still works. All images I've uploaded from PSU are in my picasaweb account as well as my google+ account. I think they are one and the same.
Tom Stoddard

george

Post by george » 19 Oct 13 1:12

Tom is correct--the pictures and albums in picasaweb and Google+ are the same. I also prefer to access the images using the .../?noredirect=1 url.
George

OldRadioGuy

Post by OldRadioGuy » 19 Oct 13 5:17

Thanks for the correction, guys. In setting up the service in Photo Supreme, I noticed the redirect to Google+. Prior to now, I've been uploading to g+ through a web page posting. I stopped using Picasa and uninstalled the software long ago. Never did take advantage of what became Picasaweb.

Bob
macOS High Sierra; 27-inch iMac, Retina 5K; Photo Supreme 4; DxO PhotoLab 2; ON1 Photo RAW 2019; Alien Skin ExposureX4; Affinity Photo 1.6.7; PhotoLine