Version Placeholder search logic

vlad

Re: Version Placeholder search logic

Post by vlad » 19 Jun 14 13:01

I also think part of the confusion may stem from terminology: for example, IIUC, "an image without a placeholder" may mean both a non-versioned image or a versioned image without a placeholder. For the record, I added a suporting note to David's feature request.

Btw, what is the typical use case for a versioned image without a placeholder? (I'm genuinely interested, because I'm also considering right now if and how to use versions.) Isn't a placeholder just a special label, for versioning purposes? Would it make sense (and perhaps simplify things a bit) to require (at least) one placeholder for any version?

Hert

Re: Version Placeholder search logic

Post by Hert » 22 Jun 14 11:56

Btw, what is the typical use case for a versioned image without a placeholder? (I'm genuinely interested, because I'm also considering right now if and how to use versions.) Isn't a placeholder just a special label, for versioning purposes? Would it make sense (and perhaps simplify things a bit) to require (at least) one placeholder for any version?
As a Photo Supreme user myself, I use versions to keep JPG and RAW files together. But I don't use place holders. A placeholder is typically a "bank" where you store a version in that represents a designated role within the version set (email, website, printing, etc). My RAW-JPG combinations don't have a special "task" to them and so I don't use the extra step of having to think about place holders.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system