Main File Versioning not picking RAW

bruhsam

Main File Versioning not picking RAW

Post by bruhsam » 27 May 13 19:43

After installing, Photo Supreme defaulted to "JPG than RAW" for selecting the main version of a file.

After changing the setting to "RAW else JPG" I reran the import. No effect.

I tried other settings and PS will not put the RAW file as the main version.

I followed instructions from other threads about using the Right Click --> Operations --> Version Detection to force this, to no effect.

Is anyone else having this issue? I want my RAW files to be the main version.

Hert

Re: Main File Versioning not picking RAW

Post by Hert » 27 May 13 19:58

Automatic Version detection follows a few requirements as outlined in the help:

http://manualsu.idimager.com/version_detection.html
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

bruhsam

Post by bruhsam » 27 May 13 20:14

I've already followed the instructions in the help to the best of my ability. PS is currently set to RAW FIRST, I've created new folders and copied RAW and associated JPG from "clean" (Not touched by PS) folders and the JPG is still picked as the main.

I double checked the preferences, ran the Version Detection, and it keeps the main version as JPG.

I'm stumped.

Hert

Post by Hert » 27 May 13 20:39

bruhsam wrote:and it keeps the main version as JPG.
Are you running on existing version sets? If so, then the main version will remain unchanged. Destroy these sets first (right click -> Operations -> Destroy VersionSets)
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

bruhsam

Post by bruhsam » 27 May 13 20:56

The Good: Destroying the version set and reversioning works for existing image sets.

The Bad: This still does not effect new image imports. The JPG is being assigned as the main version.

Hert

Post by Hert » 27 May 13 22:11

An import profile has its own version setting. Make sure you configure the import to create versions the way you want it to

bruhsam

Post by bruhsam » 27 May 13 22:27

That got it.