How to save changes for an edited image

Henrik

How to save changes for an edited image

Post by Henrik » 14 May 13 15:31

I am TOTALLY new to this software and I have HUGE problems using it! when I edit it and i.e. make a frame, I don't seem to be able to save the image. When I i.e. press "share" and select "folder" the Picture is there but without the frame! I also am unable to "copy/paste". I am in "on-line" mode. Why, by the way, do I have to be on-line?
Regards
Henrik

[update by admin; changed the title to make it reflect the content of the topic]

Mike Buckley

Re: CONFUSED!

Post by Mike Buckley » 14 May 13 23:47

I sure do hope you folks take care of Henrik because he learned about Photo Supreme from me over at Nikon Cafe. :D

andy@damroundup.com

Post by andy@damroundup.com » 15 May 13 1:16

Welcome aboard Henrick!
Check out our detailed DAM reviews at http://www.DAMRoundup.com
Custom designed books for publication or personal enjoyment - http://www.JingotheCat.com

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 May 13 8:44

Why, by the way, do I have to be on-line?
Online mode is here not in the context of being "online on the internet", but that "your image media is considered attached". We should change the name of the ONLINE/OFFLINE mode in a future version, as this is not the first time I get this question.
make a frame, I don't seem to be able to save the image
Saving and Sharing are not the same things. To save your edited image, click the Apply button in the editor's right hand side panel.
I also am unable to "copy/paste"
What would you like to "copy/paste"? Files? Or the edited image in the Editor?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Henrik

Post by Henrik » 15 May 13 9:04

I have clicked the Apply-button but I can't find the edited Picture anywhere! Also I've tried to click a thumbnail and try to copy that Picture to another folder without success!
Kind regards
Henrik

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 May 13 12:50

To copy a file to another folder,

1. Select the thumbnails that you want to copy
2. Press Ctrl-C to copy
3. Click FOLDERS and navigate to the folder when you want to paste
4. Press Ctrl-V to paste
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Henrik

Post by Henrik » 15 May 13 15:58

It seems to Work now, the only thing is, that I have made a frame and Applied it, as You said AND I managed to copy it to a folder. BUT furthermore, I tried to copy it to another folder, but the Picture was the original and not the cropped Picture with the frame!!
Something strange is going on?

I'll try to line out, exactly what I do: i open a Picture and "adjust" it with crop and a frame, then I click "apply" both in the adjust-panel and the bottom, right corner. Then I click: "back" to come to the folder with the thumbnails and, voila! the Picture is there and is with the frame. When I right-click on it and press "copy" and go to another folder to "paste" it there, the Picture is there BUT without the frame (the original, it seems) and there is a 0 to the right of the folder-name so it seems, that it hasn't even detected the Picture!! (The folder was empty when I pasted the Picture, it is a folder, I use for Pictures to be send as e-mail, I know, that PS has a nice function to do so and I've tried it out and that Works allright!).

Best regards
Henrik

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 May 13 17:09

PhotoSupreme uses lossless editing, meaning the edits are saved as a set of parameters (recipe) and the original image dat remains untouched.

To store the edits and save the altered image data, ou use the "save" button above the list of edit options (with a down arrow on it)

Hope that helps

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 16 May 13 2:09

Henrik,

Over at Nikon Cafe I mentioned that it becomes necessary to wrap your arms around the concepts of using a software program that includes a database and I think this situation is a perfect example. When Hert mentioned that the edits are a recipe, saving the recipe stores it in the database. That explains why simply copying the physical image file without saving the recipe to the database results in a copied image that doesn't display the results of your recipe.

It has been a really, really long time since I have used a recipe, so I invite anyone to please correct me if I got this wrong or accidentally explained it in a misleading way.

Henrik

Post by Henrik » 16 May 13 10:03

GUYS! I think, I've got the Picture now! THANK YOU SO MUCH! for Your patience!
Henrik
BUT: You won't get rid of me, yet! It seems, that I don't get a notification by e-mail, when
You Guys are so friendly as to reply!?
Henrik

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 16 May 13 12:05

Maybe the email is being delivered to your spam folder.

george

Post by george » 16 May 13 14:04

Hi Mike,

That was a good explanation, but I think in the last sentence you meant to say something like "...copying the physical image file without applying the recipe to the image results in..."
George