Auto Update of existing folder

Sciurus2

Auto Update of existing folder

Post by Sciurus2 » 26 Feb 13 12:30

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to set a physically existing folder on the harddrive to "auto update" or something similar within Photo Supreme? Also, I am using a different importer to copy my files to my harddrive and there to a folder named "2013". When I than go to Photo Supreme, where the the folder "2013" already exists in the database - what's the easiest/ quickest way to import those new files into Photo Supreme? I'm pretty sure, that I miss something, but would be glad if you could answer me anyway. Thanks

Hert

Re: Auto Update of existing folder

Post by Hert » 26 Feb 13 12:37

Right click on your 2013 folder and select "Verify Folder". That will find all changes in the folder.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 26 Feb 13 13:29

Being pedantic, that's an "update of existing folder", it's not an "Auto update of existing folder".

I take it that PSU only supports this manual operation at the moment, there's no way to have it automatically scan the file system for changes?
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

Sciurus2

Post by Sciurus2 » 26 Feb 13 13:51

@IDimager. Thanks, Was aware of that, but now it's clear, that this is the only way at the moment. Thanks again for the quick answer.

@gcoupe yeah, that's the question, but I assume, that we got an answer. That's something for a feature request.