Versioning bug?

Roman

Versioning bug?

Post by Roman » 30 Dec 12 8:45

Hi All,

After getting over the loss of IDImager I am having another look at PhotoSupreme. I am please to say that I am coming to terms with its interface and my initial reservations about it appear to have been somewhat unfounded. It does appear to be quite responsive and so far it has not hung on me which was one of my biggest gripes with IDImager. I have noticed a few quirks but nothing I can't live with apart from one.

I am having a problem with the automatic versioning feature. If I have RAW and JPG versions of an image in a folder after running version detection on the folder I get two copies if the image displayed in the folders view, one with the RAW image tab selected and one with the JPG image tab selected. Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Regards,
Roman

pmui07g

Re: Versioning bug?

Post by pmui07g » 30 Dec 12 10:02

Hi Roman,

You saw what I saw in the Folder view. You should see one single image with two versions in Catalog view.

Regards,
Phil

Roman

Post by Roman » 30 Dec 12 10:36

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your quick response. You are right, when I look in the catalog view I do only see the one image with two versions displayed.

So is the folder view functioning as designed or is this a bug?

I think I would prefer to have consistent catalog and folder views but maybe the doubling up in the folder view is intentional.

Regards,
Roman

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 30 Dec 12 11:02

Folder view shows the contents of the folder, so all image files are displayed. AFAICT it's exactly the same as it was in IDI...

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 30 Dec 12 11:12

Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

Roman

Post by Roman » 30 Dec 12 13:30

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for asking a question that has already been answered. I did do a search but must not have included the right search terms to get a hit on the post you gave.

Regards,
Roman

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 30 Dec 12 15:00

No problem at all. I couldn't remember that post myself, I only came across it again while looking for something else.
I posted the link because it explained it a lot better than I did...

Gr.
Dirk.

Hert

Post by Hert » 30 Dec 12 15:08

Hi Roman,
Roman wrote: I did do a search but must not have included the right search terms to get a hit on the post you gave.
Also read Dirk's great tip in his signature. With Google you've got a much more powerful search engine that possible with the phpBB software

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system