"no label" or "not color labeled"?

Tom

"no label" or "not color labeled"?

Post by Tom » 14 Dec 12 16:22

I found there is a problem with filtering not color labelled images. Currently the PSU filter would find the images which are "not color labelled", i.e. the images which do not have the "Label" tag in XMP. However if an image has a tag "Label: No label", then PSU filter does not recognise it. Still, thumbnails of such images have a white color strip in PSU.

Also, I am able to assign color labels with shortcuts (for instance, red is Ctrl+6), although it is not documented in the PSU keyboard shortcuts. Please keep the keyboard label assigning in PSU.

Toomas

mphillips

Re: "no label" or "not color labeled"?

Post by mphillips » 15 Dec 12 15:57

Hi Toomas
is not documented in the PSU keyboard shortcuts
From the Post http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=16082
CTRL+0 to 5 = change color label
Numbers 1 to 5 = change rating
Regards

MikeP
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme

Tom

Post by Tom » 15 Dec 12 16:06

OK, thanks. Anyway, my main question remains about the XMP label or no label or "no label".

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Dec 12 20:27

Tom,

Do you mean that you have images that has a color label "no label" and that these don't show up when you filter for images without color label?

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Tom

Post by Tom » 15 Dec 12 21:24

IDimager wrote:Do you mean that you have images that has a color label "no label" and that these don't show up when you filter for images without color label? Hert
Yes.
The filter will filter out those which do not have the XMP tag "Label". But if there is the XMP tag "Label: No label", then filter will not filter it.
Toomas

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Dec 12 22:20

Tom wrote:
IDimager wrote:Do you mean that you have images that has a color label "no label" and that these don't show up when you filter for images without color label? Hert
Yes.
The filter will filter out those which do not have the XMP tag "Label". But if there is the XMP tag "Label: No label", then filter will not filter it.
Toomas
Your answer confuses me...

So....

1. Image has color label "no label"
2. Filter on No Color Label
3. Is the image displayed or not?

Ht
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Tom

Post by Tom » 16 Dec 12 14:48

Hert, right, but seems that it is easier to show than tell. Please see below.

Picture 1: collection of 14 images, of which 2 are labelled "no label", and 12 are not labelled.

Picture 2: Filter "not color labeled" applied

Picture 3: Invert the above filter. These 2 images have the color label "no label".

regards
Toomas

lippe

Post by lippe » 16 Dec 12 16:04

Toomas, on the screen-shots i see 14 images that all have 1 catalog label.
12 from those 14 images do not have a color label applied.
2 images have a color label that is not defined (Preferences -> Catalog -> Color label Names) and therefor ar showed with the silver color label. The filter seems to work fine.

Images with no catalog label have the orange "0" in the lower right corner.
Even you create a catalog label "No Label" and assign this label to an image. It will display the label "No Label" in the lower right corner as "1". When hovering, the label is shown.

Images with no color label have the filename with the black background. If there is a color label assigned and it is configured in Preferences -> Catalog -> Color label Names, it will show that color. If not recognized, is will shown with the silver color.
http://manualsu.idimager.com/by_color_label.html
Lippe,
Last edited by lippe on 16 Dec 12 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Photo Supreme V3, LR6, FPV, PSE14 - vaio i5 @ 2.5GHz + 8GB , 850 EVO 500GB - WD 1TB - Windows 10 Pro 64 bits- DS216play - EOS 600D

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 16 Dec 12 17:57

I'm glad to see that the silver color label is being used in Supreme, so much so that it's a shame that its use isn't documented.

Tom

Post by Tom » 16 Dec 12 19:16

lippe wrote:2 images have a color label that is not defined (Preferences -> Catalog -> Color label Names) and therefor ar showed with the silver color label.
Hi Lippe, either me, or you, or PSU is mixing up catalog labels and color labels in this thread. Please notice that I try to speak about color labels. If you follow your link http://manualsu.idimager.com/by_color_label.html and look at the very first picture, you will see that the first color label is named "No Label". I suppose it applies to color labels, not to catalog labels.

Please also notice that I got the silver labels by pressing ctrl+0 (zero)which is documented as "change color label".

Next important fact: the silver labelled images have an XMP tag "Label: no label". It is not undefined, as you suggested above.

Finally, the next question: If I wish to remove a color label from a an image, how can I achieve this? I have used ctrl+0. By doing this, PSU did not remove the color label but assigned the label "No color label". Which is not recognised by the filter.

Please read my initial post again, maybe you missed something.

Best regards,
Toomas

lippe

Post by lippe » 16 Dec 12 21:40

Hi Toomas, the Color Labels are written as text in the XMP. If you open the Details panel and select an thumb with color label, you should see the text that is used for the color label (open the first item "Descriptions").
When using the default settings and selecting a thumb with red color label, the text on the button should display "Red".
For images without Color label, the button should stay blanc.
For images with the silver Color Label, the button should display the text that is stored on the Color Label tag.

Now I'm wondering what text is displayed on your system for the thumbs where you pressed Ctrl-0.
To simply check what is written to the files, select raw file and write a color label to that raw file.
Then look for the sidecar file (XMP extension) and open the file in a text editor and search for the label.

PS I noticed when the setting "Store XMP to database only (uncheck to write the XMP to the files also) PSu do not behaves as described.

Lippe,
Photo Supreme V3, LR6, FPV, PSE14 - vaio i5 @ 2.5GHz + 8GB , 850 EVO 500GB - WD 1TB - Windows 10 Pro 64 bits- DS216play - EOS 600D

Tom

Post by Tom » 16 Dec 12 22:52

Hi Lippe. Maybe I was not clear, but I already wrote it in my original post.

I repeat: The silver color labeled thumbs (the ones which got ctrl+0) have the XMP tag: "Color label: No label"
For the thumbs with no color label the XMP "Color label" is blank.

Regards
Toomas

lippe

Post by lippe » 16 Dec 12 23:51

Tom wrote:However if an image has a tag "Label: No label", then PSU filter does not recognise it. Still, thumbnails of such images have a white color strip in PSU.
Toomas, if an image has a color label named "No Label" , then the color label is show as silver strip below the thumb, and the text on de Color Label button (Details panel) should display "No label"
No label.png
Tom wrote:Also, I am able to assign color labels with shortcuts (for instance, red is Ctrl+6), although it is not documented in the PSU keyboard shortcuts. Please keep the keyboard label assigning in PSU.
When i use the shortcut Ctrl+6 to Ctrl 9, nothing changes. If you still can apply Color labels by using this shortcut in ver. 1.5.0.86, then you should report this as a bug.
Tom wrote:I repeat: The silver color labeled thumbs (the ones which got ctrl+0) have the XMP tag: "Color label: No label"
Then there is a color label named "No Label" and (if not configured) it will shown with a Silver stripe. To filter for all color labels including the Silver Color labels, you have to invert the Filter "No Color Label"
Filter all color labels.png
When i select the "No Color Label" in the catalog tree (Catalog -> By Color Label) the PSu will display all images with no label color label and with the silver color label. Displaying this silver color label is not right.
Catalog tree.png
Note: My Color labels are translated, so not set to the default settings.
Lippe,

Tom

Post by Tom » 17 Dec 12 15:24

VERY STRANGE, but I can not reproduce any more what I wrote in the original post. Ctrl+0 does not assign a silver strip and does not assign the XMP tag "Color Label: No label". It just removes it. This is the behaviour which is supposed to be there, I think.

Maybe Hert and Co changed it with the last update, I do not know.

Toomas

Hert

Post by Hert » 17 Dec 12 16:33

Tom wrote:Ctrl+0 does not assign a silver strip and does not assign the XMP tag "Color Label: No label". It just removes it.
Not in the latest update, but I remember this being an issue a few months ago.

Hert