How can I migrate a Lightroom 4.2 Catalog to Photo Supreme?

TESTOR

How can I migrate a Lightroom 4.2 Catalog to Photo Supreme?

Post by TESTOR » 10 Nov 12 10:46

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to migrate my LR 4.2 catalog to PS.
Using: Data> Import from Lightroom, gives me an empty catalog having the structure of LR and my HD but with no images in it ( 0 thumbs).
When I select a certain folder in "By Folder" I get only the path to that folder.

Could you please be so kind and give me some hints on how to manage the migration as it was intended by concept.

Sincerely Yours - Tiberius
Last edited by TESTOR on 10 Nov 12 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

TESTOR

Re: How can I migrate a Lightroom 4.2 Catalog in Photo Supre

Post by TESTOR » 10 Nov 12 20:43

Hello again,

I cannot believe that NOBODY has ever migrated a Lightroom catalog to Photo Supremum until now?!?

What about the technical support?

Yours - Tiberius

Hert

Re: How can I migrate a Lightroom 4.2 Catalog in Photo Supre

Post by Hert » 10 Nov 12 21:58

TESTOR wrote:I cannot believe that NOBODY has ever migrated a Lightroom catalog to Photo Supremum until now?!?
Wow, you are impatient ;) This is a user-to-user forum but you don't give others time to reply.

But I for one don't find it that hard to believe that nobody ever migrated a LR 4.2 catalog to Supreme. Supreme users typically don't use Lightroom as a catalog database but only as a RAW converter; which is what LR does best.

The LR import is intended to read the catalog structure AND the images. But from your report I guess it doesn't give you the images.
I don't have Lightroom but if you send me your LR database I could give it a try here.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

TESTOR

Re: How can I migrate a Lightroom 4.2 Catalog to Photo Supre

Post by TESTOR » 10 Nov 12 22:06

Hello Hert,

I want to start a.s.a.p.the evaluation of your Photo Supremus and need to migrate first my 180K images from LR 4.2 to it.
I did not found anything about it in the user manual only your advertising regarding the migration possibility.

Thanks in advance for any hint/procedure to follow/etc.

TESTOR

Post by TESTOR » 10 Nov 12 22:09

Do you mean only the 2 GB catalog file or also the thumbs DB?

Hert

Post by Hert » 10 Nov 12 22:15

The thumbs database isn't imported in Supreme, just the 2GB catalog database will do.

Considering the size of your database, I think that also may be the cause for this issue. Right now the import routines read the full catalog to memory before converting it to the Supreme format and it could well be that that gives memory issues for a catalog of your size. I'd have to verify that first though, so if possible, your database would definitely help me.

Thank you and kind regards

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

TESTOR

Post by TESTOR » 10 Nov 12 22:24

Thanks Hert! How do you want me to send you the 2GB LR file. FTP, Skydrive, etc.?
Wishing you a nice relaxing Sunday! - Tiberius

Hert

Post by Hert » 10 Nov 12 22:47

TESTOR wrote:How do you want me to send you the 2GB LR file. FTP, Skydrive, etc.?
SKydrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox...either is fine.
Wishing you a nice relaxing Sunday! - Tiberius
Thank you, wishing you the same.

Hert

TESTOR

Post by TESTOR » 11 Nov 12 20:10

Hello Hert!

I send you the related Lightroom 4.2 catalog file in a compressed form, wishing you god luck with the analysis.

http://sdrv.ms/RR3mAL

Thanks again in advance for your kind approach!

P.S. Is it possible until you clarify this topic to send me, eventually -if still available- an evaluation copy of the IDimager_5 to test it during next week?

Hert

Post by Hert » 11 Nov 12 20:59

Thanks for the file. I'll check it out in the next couple of days.

Btw; why would you want to try IDimager? It's a different product, development is discontinued, and is no longer sold by us....and it doesn't have a Lightroom import feature at all. You'd be spending time on something not available. You would be better off to spend time on Supreme in the mean time.

TESTOR

Post by TESTOR » 12 Nov 12 13:28

Thanks in advance for your help!

Some people I meet at Photokina 2012 in an workshop were FASCINATED by "IDimager_5" and so I just wanted to spend some time for a short evaluation, of course only if its possible.

george

Post by george » 12 Nov 12 16:12

Tiberius wrote:Some people I meet at Photokina 2012 in an workshop were FASCINATED by "IDimager_5"
Some of us around here still are...
George

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 Nov 12 20:09

Tiberius,

Thank you for the file. I was able to completely revamp the Lightroom import module. Your database was a great test set, maily because of its size.

In the next update this change will be released. If you want I can send you a copy of your imported database.

Btw; your list of keywords in Lightroom at the top level is one looooooooong list (about 5500 keywords at one level). That's not very optimal.

Hert

TESTOR

Post by TESTOR » 15 Nov 12 10:15

Thanks Hert!

I will be very pleased to receive not only my converted catalog back, done by yourself, but also a valuable hint/tip on how to get rid of all these singular keywords; having here, somehow, the opinion that Lightroom has done an independent job of my will.
Of corse I want only my own controlled Tiberius Vocabulary in place; please Hert be so kind and give me a hint too, on how to re-master in this spirit my catalog once under the full control of Supremum.

Thanks in advance, and all the best for you!

Yours - Tiberius

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 15 Nov 12 16:17

Tiberius, I found that Lightroom would read in hierarchical keywords quite well, but then insist on writing them out as single-level keywords as well as its own version of hierarchical keywords. One more reason for me not to use Lightroom as my DAM...

See http://gcoupe.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/ ... -blessing/
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM