Area Regions in PSU

gcoupe

Area Regions in PSU

Post by gcoupe » 15 Oct 12 11:54

Can I just give three cheers to Hert for PSU's implementation of Area Regions in PSU?

As far as I can see, he has implemented the metadata standard for Area Regions proposed by the Metadata Working Group.

As far as I'm aware, this makes IDimager only the second company to deliver an implementation to the market since the standard was published back in 2010. The other company is Google; Picasa version 3.9 also delivered an implementation of the standard.

It's ironic that neither Microsoft nor Adobe have delivered implementations, since they are founding members of the Metadata Working Group.
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

Hert

Re: Area Regions in PSU

Post by Hert » 18 Oct 12 6:19

gcoupe wrote:Can I just give three cheers to Hert for PSU's implementation of Area Regions in PSU?

As far as I can see, he has implemented the metadata standard for Area Regions proposed by the Metadata Working Group.
Geoff, thank you for the credit, but PSU does not support writing MWG regions. You could log a feature request for that

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 18 Oct 12 7:21

Hert, truly bizarre - I used PSU to add two face regions to a photo, and MWG metadata was definitely created! No other DAM product was running at the time, I'm sure... I'll take another look at this.

And I will definitely submit a feature request for MWG metadata....

Thanks
Geoff Coupe
--------------

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 18 Oct 12 10:51

Well, I have no idea what was going on - it MUST have been that I used Picasa on my test image somewhere along the line, and it had created the MWG metadata. I could have sworn that it wasn't there when I used PSU to create the Area Regions, and so I was delighted when I thought that PSU had created the metadata...

Sigh.

Anyway, I've created a Feature Request in Mantis for PSU to implement Area Region metadata following the MWG spec and XMP schema...
Geoff Coupe
--------------