Use of double click

jstartin

Use of double click

Post by jstartin » 13 Oct 12 16:14

I am finding PSU's departure from normal Windows behavior when double clicking surprisingly annoying. In Windows a double click usually opens a file or expands an item in a tree. When using "By Folder" or "By Category" views of the catalog, many years of Windows use has made the "double click to expand" pretty much automatic for me and it is a hard instinct to stop. Why does PSU use the double click to enter edit mode when Windows standard F2 and context menu items are available to do this job? Also, would it not be better to use F2 on a selected thumb to open the filename/title for editing rather than requiring a non-standard double click on the filename? After all, double clicking on the thumb, just slightly above the filename area, does open the preview.

I could learn to live with these odd design decisions if I was sole user, but getting my wife and family to forget "Windows habits" to be able to use a Windows application is not something I relish. Am I mistaken in assuming that PSU is meant to be accessible to less technically orientated users, and suitable for "the whole family"?
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)