Thumbnails appear in random order and other problems

Brian Gee

Thumbnails appear in random order and other problems

Post by Brian Gee » 09 Oct 12 10:22

Having been a long-term IDImager user, I'm evaluating the trial version of Photo Supreme.

One of the first problems I find is, when I'm viewing the Catalog "By Folder", when I select a folder, the thumbnails of the images in the folder are displayed completely at random, with no reference to either their file number or date/time of creation.

Second, is there a way to store just the copyright information the way it was in IDImager, so that it can be simply applied to a batch of images, rather than as a "Profile" which appears to save all the image data?

Third, I was attempting to add "Creator Information" to some images and I kept getting a pop-up that says "Access Violation (0)" which has now caused the program to stop working. I'm unable to navigate to a different image or folder. In fact now, the whole program appears to have locked up. I cannot clear the "Access Violation (0)" window by clicking "OK" or "X" and the only way I can exit the program is via task manager.

Regards,
Brian.

jstartin

Re: Thumbnails appear in random order and other problems

Post by jstartin » 09 Oct 12 11:29

Brian Gee wrote:Having been a long-term IDImager user, I'm evaluating the trial version of Photo Supreme.
One of the first problems I find is, when I'm viewing the Catalog "By Folder", when I select a folder, the thumbnails of the images in the folder are displayed completely at random, with no reference to either their file number or date/time of creation.
Regards,
Brian.
Try the "View" button in the upper right of the screen and the "Sort by" setting (set "File name").

Even if already set to "File name" I have noticed that occasionally PSU seems to "miss" this setting on startup and I have to open the dialog to give PSU a "reminder".
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 09 Oct 12 12:37

Brian Gee wrote:One of the first problems I find is, when I'm viewing the Catalog "By Folder", when I select a folder, the thumbnails of the images in the folder are displayed completely at random, with no reference to either their file number or date/time of creation.
Have you tried setting the sort order by clicking the "View" icon (top right hand corner of the main window), and choosing your preferred sort method?
Second, is there a way to store just the copyright information the way it was in IDImager, so that it can be simply applied to a batch of images, rather than as a "Profile" which appears to save all the image data?
Each field in the Image Details panel can be set to ignore/replace/append/clear - it's the difficult-to-see oval button on the right. Use that, and just set the copyright fields, ignore the rest and save the profile, Edit: you need to select more than one image for these buttons to appear...
Third, I was attempting to add "Creator Information" to some images and I kept getting a pop-up that says "Access Violation (0)" which has now caused the program to stop working. I'm unable to navigate to a different image or folder. In fact now, the whole program appears to have locked up. I cannot clear the "Access Violation (0)" window by clicking "OK" or "X" and the only way I can exit the program is via task manager.
Is this permanently so, or does restarting the program help?
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

Brian Gee

Post by Brian Gee » 10 Oct 12 0:33

Thanks for the replies.

Checking the "View - Sorting" put the random display of thumbnails in the correct order, even though it was already set to "Sort by - File name - Ascending"

Yes, those replace/append/clear buttons are not exactly clear are they? Could do with something other than black on dark grey to make them more visible. The equivalent buttons in IDImager are much clearer.

The "Access Violation" error cleared when I re-started the progam (which I had to do, since the program was frozen) and so far it has not returned when carrying out the same procedures.

Having spent some time with the program I must say I still prefer my IDImager 5.1.3.6 version.

Regards,
Brian.

artphotopro

Post by artphotopro » 24 Oct 12 17:12

i have also had this "Access Violation (0)" happen but mine happened when i was moving 25 image up two folders after killing photo supreme with task manager and restarting photo supreme the images had been moved to the correct folder, i hope idimager can fix and finnish photo supreme as i think it will be just what i need when they add a few more missing features.
thx chris
Brian Gee wrote:Having been a long-term IDImager user, I'm evaluating the trial version of Photo Supreme.

Regards,
Brian.