Photo Supreme: Rotate Thumbs

Post by Alfons » 30 Sep 12 21:43

How can I rotate thumbs?

Thanks,

Alfons

lippe

Re: Photo Supreme: Rotate Thumbs

Post by lippe » 30 Sep 12 22:09

Alfons, hover the triangle (or the star if already rated) at the right of the file name. A small toolbar is shown just above the file name with the rotate options at the right.

Lippe,
Photo Supreme V3, LR6, FPV, PSE14 - vaio i5 @ 2.5GHz + 8GB , 850 EVO 500GB - WD 1TB - Windows 10 Pro 64 bits- DS216play - EOS 600D

jstartin

Post by jstartin » 30 Sep 12 23:28

lippe wrote:Alfons, hover the triangle (or the star if already rated) at the right of the file name. A small toolbar is shown just above the file name with the rotate options at the right.

Lippe,
This doesn't work here for .MRW raw files using 1.0.5.57.

Workaround is to launch preview, adjust, rotation, apply, apply. Thumb changes to match rotated preview. Tedious, but works.
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 01 Oct 12 19:28

The rotate option of the small tool bar does not work with .NEF raw files either. The workaround is an option. However I want to rotate many thumbs all at once. Any idea how to do that?

Thanks,

Alfons

jstartin

Post by jstartin » 01 Oct 12 23:04

Alfons wrote:The rotate option of the small tool bar does not work with .NEF raw files either. The workaround is an option. However I want to rotate many thumbs all at once. Any idea how to do that?
Thanks,
Alfons
I wonder if the thumb for any variety of raw file can be rotated?

After reporting another apparent bug and reading the note added to the bug reporting system, that the behavior I questioned is "by design" and that if a matching jpeg is available in the same folder this is used in Photo Supreme as a sidecar file for the .MRW, it seems another workaround for .MRW is:

If there is a jpeg with exactly the same filename in the same folder as the raw then rotating the jpeg thumb and updating the raw thumb will show it rotated as well.
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)

jstartin

Post by jstartin » 07 Oct 12 22:21

It turns out that creating and running a Batch containing just Quick Rotate Left (or Right :wink: ) does the job that the pop up curly arrows don't. Works here for one raw thumb, or a selection. It shouldn't be necessary, but it works :). That is, unless you have a corresponding .THM in the same folder.