Too easy to delete label from catalog?

jstartin

Too easy to delete label from catalog?

Post by jstartin » 29 Sep 12 9:10

Many operations in Photo Supreme require OKing a confirmation message. Perhaps this should also apply to deleting labels from the catalog by using the "-" button. The button is so prominent, so easy to click by mistake (I'm no longer young and am easily distracted), and potentially so devastating!
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)

gcoupe

Re: Too easy to delete label from catalog?

Post by gcoupe » 29 Sep 12 10:30

That's odd, because I'm seeing a confirmation dialog when I click the remove button...

Are you sure that you haven't ticked the "Don't ask me again" box at some point in the past?
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Sep 12 10:31

There should be a confirmation dialog. However, it could be that you have clicked the "don't ask again" option in the past (?)

EDIT; Geoff beat me to it :)

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 29 Sep 12 10:32

Hert, I seem to recall that there was a way to reset that option in IDI, so that confirmation dialogs start showing again. How do we do that in PS?
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Sep 12 10:33

gcoupe wrote:Hert, I seem to recall that there was a way to reset that option in IDI, so that confirmation dialogs start showing again. How do we do that in PS?
It's not there. Guess it need to be added in PSU.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

jstartin

Post by jstartin » 29 Sep 12 15:17

Geoff/Hert

I must have turned off the confirmation then, even though I don't remember doing so! Probably just blundering around on day one of trial. The older I get the more I forget :wink: .

At least it was easy to set it back on via a little registry edit.

Related observation: the confirmation for adding as a version by drag and drop doesn't have a "do not show next time" option but there really does need to be a way of defeating this annoyingly tedious need for an extra mouse click (unless/until a substitute for the VDW comes along :wink: ).
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)