activity pane continually resizes

andrew.heard

activity pane continually resizes

Post by andrew.heard » 25 Sep 12 1:33

I have had the situation where the activity pane (bottom left hand corner of app) continually resizes at a very fast rate as "General Services" continually starts and stops. Visually this looks silly. A possible improvement would be like in IDI to leave the stopped service visible for a few seconds before hiding it and/or resizing the pane.
Attachments
screen cap
screen cap
2012-09-25 10-26-51_.jpg (9.21 KiB) Viewed 2520 times

weidmic

Re: activity pane continually resizes

Post by weidmic » 25 Sep 12 6:40

I totally agree with this suggestion...
PSUServer 5.x, PostgreSQL 10.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com
PSU Tips and Tricks http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Sep 12 7:57

This typically happens when using the tool to search for missing thumbnails. As soon as a missing thumbnail is found the thumb building service is started and if that finishes before another missing thumb is found then it disappears. No matter wat "delay" is built in, there will always be cases where it "jumps".

You can collapse the panel. Then it still displays the number of activities and it won't bother you with it's constant sizing

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 25 Sep 12 8:02

I actually quite like this behavior. It makes for an interesting display when verifying lots of Folders. And as Hert says, you can collapse the activity windows completely if you don't like it...
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

andrew.heard

Post by andrew.heard » 25 Sep 12 10:46

I am not quick enough with the mouse to click on the Collapse icon while the pane is resizing every 1/2 second. It has happened to me a few times now. I appreciate there is no ideal delay but if the service stayed displayed for say 5 seconds after it completed, surely it would look far less stupid than it does at present. I would prefer not to collapse the pane as it provides very useful information. You are trying to appeal to a wider audience.

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 25 Sep 12 10:54

Then click on the Activity header *before* you start any activity... It just stays collapsed all the time, while giving you a count of the number of processes...
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

andrew.heard

Post by andrew.heard » 26 Sep 12 0:00

You missed my point Geoff - "I would prefer not to collapse the pane as it provides very useful information." But I'm sure the pane could be presented more elegantly in this situation. I can live with it, there are more pressing bugs to fix.