Batches & Recipes?

wphx

Batches & Recipes?

Post by wphx » 25 Sep 12 1:02

Hi,

I ran a batch to resize and save some photos down to 1024 longest side. The results did not seem to have the recipes applied to the original.

Hert

Re: Batches & Recipes?

Post by Hert » 25 Sep 12 12:57

You ran a batch on the original and that batch resizes images. The output images should be downsized. The originals aren't changed.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

wphx

Post by wphx » 25 Sep 12 13:04

I notice that there is a recipe option in the batch list - am I required to use that if I want the images pre-processed with its recipe before I apply any other batch actions?

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Sep 12 14:31

Hi,

If an image already has a recipy applied to it then you don't need to separately add the Recipe batch command. The existing recipe for the original will already be loaded

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 25 Sep 12 21:59

Hert,

I'm having trouble understanding this as well. I've tested it by doing the following:

Open an image in the editor and adjust it by rotating it 90 degrees
click apply in the rotation dialog
click apply to apply the recipe to the image
go to batch and select an output folder
click run batch

I get a copy of the original file not rotated in the destination location.

If I add recipe flattening and then click run batch, I get a new image that is rotated.

If I don't apply the recipe to the original image and I do the same thing, I get a copy of the original image unchanged.

I experimented with using the save file batch process also but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

What am I missing?
Tom Stoddard

wphx

Post by wphx » 25 Sep 12 22:15

I went back and checked again.

1. I have a batch which resizes and image to 1024 on the longest size using lanczos
2. It saves the result to a separate folder, and does not import the results into the catalogue
3. I have two photos in landscape mode.
4. I use the adjustments to rotate 1 to portrait mode

I run the batch on the two photos

The results are that the potos are named and saved correctly, however, the one I adjusted into portrait mode is saved in landscape mode - i.e. the rotation was lost.