Confused by Behaviour...

gcoupe

Confused by Behaviour...

Post by gcoupe » 23 Sep 12 11:51

I'm viewing the Catalog by Folder in PS.

When I click on a Folder, either on the name, or in the space between the "Favourite" star symbol and the image count, then that element in the hierarchy gets highlighted in orange, and the Thumbnail panel shows the images in that folder, with the Path display at the top.

However, if I then click on the image count elsewhere in the Folder hierarchy, while the Thumbnail panel switches to show the images in the new path (and the Path display changes to reflect this), the orange highlight in the Folder hierarchy remains where it was.

I don't understand why the highlight doesn't move to the new point in the Folder hierarchy that I've selected?
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

Hert

Re: Confused by Behaviour...

Post by Hert » 23 Sep 12 12:22

Geoff, when you click on the counter, you get the recursive display of that folder, which is not the same as clicking on the folder name (or the blank space) itself. The latter will only give the images of that particular folder, without the content of sub folder.
One could indeed argue if the highlighted line should also change
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 23 Sep 12 12:28

Hert, thanks. I understand that one is the recursive display, while the other is the top-level display.

But it seems to me that the highlight should also track where the user has clicked in the hierarchy, or, alternative, the oval count becomes highlighted, rather than the complete bar when the recursive count indicator is clicked...
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

mphillips

Post by mphillips » 23 Sep 12 17:25

Hert

I also agree that the Highlight should track the location, in all instances. (catalogue Folders, catalogue Category, etc)

It can get very visually disconcerting to see see on thing highlighted and another displayed.

Regards

MikeP
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme

Hert

Post by Hert » 24 Sep 12 10:23

This is added to the next update.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

mphillips

Post by mphillips » 24 Sep 12 14:47

Thanks Hert - This is most appreciated
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme