some questions

ilan

some questions

Post by ilan » 21 Sep 12 16:34

Hi,

I try to evaluate "Photo Supreme" and ran into some questions:

1) Is there an easy way to group jpeg and raw files together as two versions of the same image? I understand this is possible while importing the files but my files are already in the catalog.
2) In finding a work-around I tried to delete the images from the catalog in order to import the files again. Unfortunately this caused "Photo Supreme" to hang. Here is what I did: selected a bunch of photos (several thousand) => right click => delete => Remove from Database. I am using Windows 7 home edition with 4GB of RAM.
3) How could I clean the catalog? I would like to start from scratch with an empty database.

Thanks,
Ilan

mphillips

Re: some questions

Post by mphillips » 21 Sep 12 18:45

Hi Ilan

1) Nope - only by individual drag and drop once they are in the dataase
2) for a few thousand images to delete you need to waaaait. It might look as though Supreme is not responding but it may be working in the background - so check your task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc for Windows)
3)Preferences - Catalog - Little Plus sign on Top row and follow from there :-)

Regards

MikeP
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Sep 12 19:10

Mike,

Deleting thumbs was indeed slow but should be a lot faster since the .48 update. Just did a test and deleting 2700 images from the database finished in 4 seconds.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

mphillips

Post by mphillips » 21 Sep 12 19:51

Hi Hert

See Mantis 1104 when I tried to delete 5000 thumbs - SQL RollBack Error

Thanks

MikeP
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme

MikeA01730

Re: Delete Progress Boxes

Post by MikeA01730 » 02 Oct 12 0:54

Hi,

I always wondered why IDimager & PS have very user-friendly progress boxes for cataloging and other operations, but not for deleting. With both products the app simply goes to sleep and becomes totally unresponsive until the delete is complete. It's sometimes hard to tell if progress is being made or the app has hung.

Hert, how about progress boxes for delete operations?

Mike