Bind or Index Column out of Range (0) (0)

gcoupe

Bind or Index Column out of Range (0) (0)

Post by gcoupe » 19 Sep 12 11:35

Right, so I've:

1) Downloaded and installed the trial
2) Imported my pictures (50,000+) of them into PS. I have NOT imported my IDI V5 catalog into PS.
3) Noticed that the "Synchronise Service" activity seems to be stuck at 75%
4) Switched from the "By Category" view to the "By Folder" view
5) Tried to expand the root folder C:\Users\Geoff\Pictures...

...and I get the message "Bind or Index Column out of Range (0) (0).

What now?

Thanks.
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

Hert

Re: Bind or Index Column out of Range (0) (0)

Post by Hert » 19 Sep 12 21:33

Geoff,

Can you send me your database? Dickl reported the same error but he is unable to send me his database file, probably due to the upload size. I need a database that allows me to replicate this issue.

Thank you

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 19 Sep 12 22:03

Hert, I've already uninstalled and reinstalled PS a couple of times since the initial error.

Tomorrow I'll have a go at trying to recreate the error from a fresh start. If I get it, then I'll send through the file to you.

Thanks
Geoff Coupe
--------------

Hert

Post by Hert » 19 Sep 12 22:52

Thank you so much Geoff.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 20 Sep 12 12:24

Hert, I've been able to reproduce the error with a fresh installation of PS, so I've uploaded the file to SkyDrive, and sent you a link.

What I did:

1) Installed PS afresh.
2) Imported 50,000+ images using C:\Users\Geoff\Pictures as the root.
3) PS reported that 50,464 images had been imported.
4) Thumbnail place holders were displayed, but no thumbnails as yet.
5) Task manager reported an average of 40% CPU usage by PS.
6) the Activity Progress showed Sync service stuck at 1% for a couple of hours.
7) I closed PS, and uploaded the database to Skydrive.
8 ) Restarted PS.
9) Went to the Folder view, and the path C:\Users\Geoff\Pictures. The contents of this root folder are displayed as proper thumbnails.
10) Attempted to expand the path to display the sub-folders by clicking on the triangle marker.
11) Get the "Bind or Index Column out of Range (0) (0)" error.

Also, only a few ( < 10) hierarchical keywords have been successfully imported as Catalog label. The rest (1,000+) have been ignored.
Plus, if I look at the Date view, 49,885 images have the false date of 1899-12-30. These are also images that show as being "out-of-sync". Those with correct dates are showing as being in sync, but (apart from a few images) with no catalog labels, since the labels have not been created during the import process.

Hope this helps.
Geoff Coupe
--------------

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Sep 12 12:28

I have downloaded the database.

You could manually sync those images. Select them all then right click -> Metadata -> Read metadata from file.

Hert

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 20 Sep 12 12:34

Hert, I've tried that - but PS is STILL not creating the Catalog labels, even though I have that option selected. I've found that if I do a batch, I'm lucky if even 1% of the images actually causes a label to get created...

Oh, I should probably point out that I'm running W8 Release Preview - which has not caused any issue with other Desktop applications, apart from one ("Play to" doesn't work, but Microsoft has acknowledged the bug and fixed it for RTM).

Thanks
Geoff Coupe
--------------

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 20 Sep 12 12:57

Hert,

It looks as though all the images with the 1899-12-30 date as those that are also out-of-sync. So what I'm doing is to view By Date, and then select the 1899 date. Then I select a batch of images (not too many, or PS will hang!), and read in the metadata.

That has the effect of putting the images in the catalog in sync, and assigning the correct dates to the Catalog images.

As I say, very few of the images seem to be getting the keywords read, and the Catalog labels created. However, I think that for those that are, what is different about them is that they seem to be images that also contain the IDimager ICS scheme - and that is what is causing the Catalog labels to be created. Now the odd thing is that in Preferences, I have deliberately turned OFF the option to read the IDimager ICS scheme, and yet PS still seems to be acting upon it.

I only have a very few images with the IDimager ICS scheme written into metadata in my collection - the result of an experiment a while back. All the images with just IPTC Core keywords (albeit hierarchical keywords using "/" as the delimiter) are getting ignored.

EDIT: I've found images that use the IDimager ICS scheme that haven't created Catalog labels on the Read Metadata operation, so it's not consistent. I think I'll turn the "read the IDimager ICS scheme" on and see if I can increase the label creation rate...
Geoff Coupe
--------------