Date Bug?

n8vz

Date Bug?

Post by n8vz » 11 Aug 12 20:27

I just downloaded Supreme and have not had much time to "play" with it. However, in the short time I've worked with it I've noticed a funny "date anomaly." When I click on a photo thumbnail and look in the detail panel on the right, it gives the wrong date. Many of these, but not all, appear to be the date of the import and not the date created. Also, when I have it sort by date, it appears to be almost random rather than actual date created or taken. I have not yet delved into these photos so see the metadata and find out the exact created, modified, taken, etc. dates. However, I did note that when I view the same photo files in iPhoto, they have the correct dates and will group correctly when in "event" view. Anyone else noticed this?

Also, an unrelated question. Anyone trying to figure out a way to use both IDImager and Supreme in a coordinated fashion? Perhaps putting photos on a server that can be accessed by both Apple and Windows machines. Would this work?

Carl

Hert

Re: Date Bug?

Post by Hert » 11 Aug 12 21:39

Hello Carl,

Do the dates update correctly when you use right click on thumb -> Metadata -> Read metadata from file? If not, can you share a screenshot to further clarify your question?

About your windows/mac question. Supreme will also be released for Windows soon which will be a more straight forward solution.

Thank you
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

n8vz

Post by n8vz » 12 Aug 12 3:32

Thanks for the reply, Hert.

No, I went through the steps you outlined, even before you asked the question, and it did not correct the issue.

What exactly would you like screenshots of? I'm a little unclear on what you would need to see to help sleuth this out.

Carl

n8vz

Post by n8vz » 12 Aug 12 3:42

P.S. Thanks for the information on Windows Supreme. Will this provide easier solutions to syncing between platforms? If so, that's really great news, indeed! I have lots of photos on my iCloud that I've had trouble figuring out an easy way to get into IDImager. At the present, for the most part, I have two separate digital image management protocols -- one for Windows (IDI) and one for Mac (iPhoto). Being able to integrate these in reasonable way would be a great step forward for me.

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Aug 12 9:17

Hi Carl,
n8vz wrote:What exactly would you like screenshots of? I'm a little unclear on what you would need to see to help sleuth this out.
A screenshot of from which you (and hopefully I too) can conclude that the date is wrong. In this case I believe that is a screenshot with the select thumb in view, together with the Details panel that shows the wrong date.

Thanks

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

n8vz

Post by n8vz » 13 Aug 12 4:27

Well, I'm having trouble getting a screenshot now because the program keeps crashing (not responding) and I have to do a "force quit." It seems that the program will not stay open longer than about five minutes before it stops responding. I'm using Mountain Lion, if that might make a difference. I did notice the last time I opened the program (as I was getting ready to take a screenshot) that my import catalog shows multiple copies of the same photo with different dates. For instance, one photo shows up as IMG_0154.JPG, IMG_0154.jpg (twice), and IMG_0154_1024.jpg. I have no idea how two copies of a file can exist with exactly the same file name (e.g., IMG_0154.jpg). In this particular case all but one of the files has the correct date 7/4/09, but one has a grossly incorrect date of sometime this year. I didn't get it copied down before the last crash, and now when I try open the program it crashes immediately and I have to force quit. Perhaps, I need to delete the program and reinstall? It seems to have gotten successively more problematic. -- Carl

waliki

Date Bug

Post by waliki » 06 Sep 12 22:32

Would it be a pain to add a date field to the filelisting?

I know it can be sorted by date but Id like to see the date. Its a bit annoying to have several files with almost identical names and no idea on what day theyve been uploaded on to get the latest one for instance.