Chaining out to editors from Photo Supreme

dickl

Chaining out to editors from Photo Supreme

Post by dickl » 05 Jul 12 15:23

Trying to set up a few editors in PSU in Preferences to edit images direct from a collection.

Works fine with iPhoto, and Silkypix, so it appears PSU was designed to work this way. I tried to set up Photoshop Elements 10, Aftershot Pro, and DxO Pro to work, and they do not seem to pick the images I've selected in the collection. These editors work fine in Idimager on my PC system, but not on my Macbook Pro. It is altogether possible that these other editors are not designed to work this way in OSX, so that may be the problem. Just wanted to ask if anyone has successfully implemented PSE 10 to open a file passed from PSU for example?

Dick

mch_nz

Re: Chaining out to editors from Photo Supreme

Post by mch_nz » 05 Jul 12 22:32

Haven't got PSE but both Aftershot Pro and DxO Pro work fine for me.

Mark

dickl

Post by dickl » 05 Jul 12 23:17

Hi Mark!
mch_nz wrote:Haven't got PSE but both Aftershot Pro and DxO Pro work fine for me.

Mark
Great!

Both programs work fine by themselves in OSX, but I cannot seem to chain out direct from PSU to AFS with a selected image(s) to open and edit the images. The programs open correctly, but the selected image(s) do not appear in the thumbnail panel...

Dick

mch_nz

Post by mch_nz » 05 Jul 12 23:29

Hi Dick,

Interesting. I grabbed some files from different folders, dropped them into the image basket, Cmd-A to select them all, and then hit launch. Both DXO and Aftershot presented the thumbs as selected. DxO asked me to save as a new project though, doesn't work unless you give the collection a new name.

Cheers,
Mark

dickl

Post by dickl » 07 Jul 12 17:49

Hi Mark!
mch_nz wrote:Hi Dick,

Interesting. I grabbed some files from different folders, dropped them into the image basket, Cmd-A to select them all, and then hit launch. Both DXO and Aftershot presented the thumbs as selected. DxO asked me to save as a new project though, doesn't work unless you give the collection a new name.
Cheers,
Mark
I decided to try again. I first removed Aftershock Pro and DxO Pro from the PSU Preferences, and reset them.

This time when I selected a few images and chained to DxO Pro, DxO opened and asked me for a Project Name. I have not used Projects since I upgraded to ver 7, so this time I entered a project name, and bingo, my three selected images from PSU showed up! Thanks for your method... I did have to put them in the image basket, just selected them in the collection.

Now I have to figure out what the implications of Aftershock Pro's catalogs are. I have only been using the Directory mode in AFS so far. Seems like I have catalogs everywhere - PSU, LR4... and I was hoping to just use the direct mode in AFS and PSE 10... to avoid filling up my drive with catalogs and databases I don't use. LR4 cannot be used without a library, so I have no choice there, but PSE can be used without the Organizer, and I was hoping to do the same with AFS...

Thanks for the tips.

Dick