where are the instructions??

weidmic

Re: where are the instructions??

Post by weidmic » 05 Jul 12 9:44

And the DB's between Windows PSU and OSX PSU are compatible...
Just saying

Cheers,
Michael
PSUServer 5.x, PostgreSQL 10.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com
PSU Tips and Tricks http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

vlad

Post by vlad » 08 Jul 12 18:06

Hi Dick,
dickl wrote: A detailed comparison would not be easy. The user interface is totally different. But I can provide some information.
Dick
Thanks a lot for the info.
Hierachical labels - yes. In fact I created a default catalog structure in Idi, and entered it first into PS so that any imports would correctly find apply my hierarchical labels. Worked fine.
And is it possible to specify a label that doesn't get translated to a keyword (as it is in IDI)?
PS has a single UI, showing a collection viewer. You can choose what collection the viewer displays - eg By Catalog label, by Folder, by portfolio, by rating.. Then you can filter images by rating color label... Pretty quick way to find you images, and segregate them.
What about filtering based on a combination of labels - e.g. ((label_1 OR label_2) AND NOT label_3) - or some arbitrary metadata?
I guess it's a pity that you cannot download a trial version to see if it will do the trick for you.
I wonder if there is going to be a Beta for Windows anytime soon.

Cheers,
Vlad

dickl

Post by dickl » 08 Jul 12 18:58

Hi Vlad,
vlad wrote: And is it possible to specify a label that doesn't get translated to a keyword (as it is in IDI)?
Yes - Just like Idi, you have the read and write sync options in the Preferences on what action is to be taken in merging keywords including none...
What about filtering based on a combination of labels - e.g. ((label_1 OR label_2) AND NOT label_3) - or some arbitrary metadata?
Yes indeed. a space between search labels is an OR, a '+' is an AND, and a '-' is a NOT...

Have no idea about the progress of the Windows version though...

Dick

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 09 Jul 12 8:00

dickl wrote:Hi Vlad,
vlad wrote: And is it possible to specify a label that doesn't get translated to a keyword (as it is in IDI)?
Yes - Just like Idi, you have the read and write sync options in the Preferences on what action is to be taken in merging keywords including none...
And just like IDI you have private Categories and labels!

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.