update to 1.0.0.44

frith

update to 1.0.0.44

Post by frith » 18 Jun 12 3:43

I purchased Photo Supreme (had been using beta version). After installation it asked if I wanted to upgrade to 1.0.0.44. I downloaded but received the following error message:

"The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)"

I tried to let in update automatically and manually and received the same error message. I'm using Lion 10.7.4.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks,

Frith

Hert

Re: update to 1.0.0.44

Post by Hert » 18 Jun 12 5:00

Hi Frith,

I think you ran an older beta version. Because the latest version is 1.0.1 and doesn't have an update feature in it (so it can't tell you there's an update). This because Apple takes care of updates and hence it is not allowed to have an update feature in the software.

Delete all the versions that you have from the Applications (drag them to the Trashbin). Then download it from the AppStore again.

Does that help?

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

frith

Post by frith » 18 Jun 12 5:41

Hert,

I deleted Photo Supreme. I then went on the Apple App site and signed in. It showed that I had purchased and that it was installed. When I clicked on the little installed tab nothing happened. I then went to purchases where it was listed and again clicked on the little installed tab. Nothing happened. I then figured maybe I should click on the little "x" on the purchases page for Photo Supreme. It was deleted from the purchases page. I then went back to the featured page, searched for Photo Supreme, and it showed that it was installed. I clicked again on the installed button and nothing happened. I have deleted every application that could be Photo Supreme, tried to reinstall after rebooting the computer and nothing works. Now I no longer have the application on my computer nor am able to download it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frith

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 Jun 12 7:40

This is an Apple issue so I'm a bit in the dark here. What I found about this error is that it is generally raised when your configuration doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I think your does though.

Can you check if the Photo Supreme app is still in Lion's Launchpad?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

frith

Post by frith » 18 Jun 12 17:12

Hert,

Thanks. That helped solve the problem. I had deleted (drag to Trash) the instances of Photo Supreme from the Application Folder. Once I received your last email I went to the Launchpad and it was still listed. So I dragged the icon to the Trash, went back to the App Store, re-downloaded and installed Photo Supreme, and all is now well.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

One other item (realize it might be better to post this in a separate thread) - are there any plans so that in Photo Supreme you can take a quick look at images in a folder without importing them into the Catalog? This functionality exists on Idimager for Windows so am not sure if there are plans to replicate it in Photo Supreme. I have found it very helpful at times (and found the functionality Idimager very useful) but am not sure whether it is planned for PS. I know you can import the images according to the image file structure on your hard drive, but just being able to look at them without importing them would allow a quick "preview" of the images (and culling them) before the import process.

Thanks - great help as usual.

Frith

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 Jun 12 17:21

Frith,

Glad to read that you're now up and running.

About navigating a folder, you could do that in the Importer. There select that folder and you can navigate through the images. Of course then don't start the import...

Hert

frith

Post by frith » 18 Jun 12 18:01

Hert - Thanks. All clear now. Greatly appreciated. Frith