Congrats on getting Supreme out!

dickl

Congrats on getting Supreme out!

Post by dickl » 14 Jun 12 15:41

Hi Hert!

Just picked up Supreme from the App store...

A couple of comments...

I finally got to read the help file to see how it was designed to work. Except for a few typos it looks pretty good...

Under Run Batch, I don't think you should ever be allowed to overwrite an original? Would it not be possible to add a serial number to any created batch images (accidentally created in the same folder) and preserve the original... I can see all kinds of "Oh no's" with this feature!

I've searched everywhere on this Macbook Pro keyboard, and have not found an "insert" key??? I have a "delete" but not an "insert" - Perhaps I need to study my manual more closely. You might want to review "Creating Catalog Labels"?

Good start!

Dick

Hert

Re: Congrats on getting Supreme out!

Post by Hert » 14 Jun 12 15:53

dickl wrote:Except for a few typos it looks pretty good...
I figured there would be. The Mac tool I use to create help files doesn't offer a spelling control, so I'm sure it could use a second review round :oops:
Under Run Batch, I don't think you should ever be allowed to overwrite an original? Would it not be possible to add a serial number to any created batch images (accidentally created in the same folder) and preserve the original... I can see all kinds of "Oh no's" with this feature!
Not sure if I understand you here. Would it help if you add the %ImageNumber macro to the output file name? Or if you don't have a rename command in your batch then add that as the last command.
I've searched everywhere on this Macbook Pro keyboard, and have not found an "insert" key??? I have a "delete" but not an "insert" - Perhaps I need to study my manual more closely. You might want to review "Creating Catalog Labels"?
The Mac laptops don't offer an Insert key, but the Apple full keyboards (for instance with an iMac) do. Maybe someone here knows the shortcut to the Insert key on a macbook. For instance the Delete key is Fn+BkSp. Probably there's one for the Insert key as well.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

george

Post by george » 14 Jun 12 19:59

Congratulations from me as well.

I think insert is fn+return
George

dickl

Post by dickl » 14 Jun 12 23:35

Hert/IDimager wrote:
Hert/IDimager wrote:Not sure if I understand you here. Would it help if you add the %ImageNumber macro to the output file name? Or if you don't have a rename command in your batch then add that as the last command.
I am suggesting that any command in Supreme should never be allowed to overwrite an original image file as a general policy.

If I understood the warning message that processing an edit, batch or recipe command and failing to change the output folder could overwrite the original file. What I was proposing for example was that if an original filename was file.jpg, an attempt to save an edited file in the same folder as the original file, accidentally or forced, Supreme would automatically modify the output filename to file_1.jpg or some other unique filename.

Does that help?

Dick

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn » 18 Jun 12 5:16

Hi

Nice to see IDimager on Mac.
Just in time to get my pictures sorted on a Mac.
I have bought Photo Supreme and Photo Glamour

Good luck with your Mac software.

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 Jun 12 5:28

Thank you for your continuing support Bjorn and so good to see you back.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system