Opening existing db

Larry56

Opening existing db

Post by Larry56 » 16 Apr 12 22:57

I decided to totally clean up my installations and existing databases by moving to the Trash. I then created a directory in Documents and copied my current Windows IDI catalog and thumb db to the Documents\IDimager catalog directory.

I then started v .35 and it opened with an empty catalog. I went to Preference to change the location to the Documents directory but when I do that ID imager Supreme asks for a password for a user "admin". I typed in a password (guessed, actually) but received an error message saying it was too old and need to be upgraded. I had previously opened a Windows catalog. Can it be used now or needs to be converted?

After it closed I restarted to go to the default catalog but when I type in the same password at the login it says username or password are incorrect.

So, what have I done wrong and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Larry

Hert

Re: Opening existing db

Post by Hert » 16 Apr 12 23:55

The default password is master2004

Btw; the default location is ~/Library/IDimager Systems, Inc./Catalog/

Hope that helps
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 17 Apr 12 4:42

Thanks Hert,
Is there any reason I wouldn't want to put under Documents rather under the Library?

Thanks,
Larry

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 17 Apr 12 5:48

I copied my existing catalog to the default location but get an error that the database is too old. Any idea why?

Thanks,
Larry

Hert

Post by Hert » 17 Apr 12 8:26

Sure, you can place it in the Documents folder. The application itself is just not allowed to do this.

When you get the message of a too old database, doesn't it tell you what to do? I think it should tell you that the database must come from the latest IDimager version. This is a requirement if you want to open a V5 database in Supreme, because otherwise not all the data in the database is compatible with Supreme.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 17 Apr 12 15:33

Thanks Hert,

Yes it told me I needed to use a newer catalog. Under a previous beta I was able to use my v5 catalog and so I assumed I could with this beta. Is there a way to import all Profiles, Portfolios and Label hierarchy? I think when I tried to import from the images under a previous beta I lost those settings and had to re-create.

Thanks,
Larry

Hert

Post by Hert » 17 Apr 12 17:19

Larry56 wrote:Yes it told me I needed to use a newer catalog. Under a previous beta I was able to use my v5 catalog and so I assumed I could with this beta. Is there a way to import all Profiles, Portfolios and Label hierarchy? I think when I tried to import from the images under a previous beta I lost those settings and had to re-create.
You can create your full V5 database, but you need to open it in the latest V5 version first. That will upgrade the database to the version that Supreme can handle. Only V5 can make these required changes

Hert

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 18 Apr 12 16:27

Thanks Hert,
I'd been receiving notices that a new update in v5 was available but wasn't able to download at that time. I've download and copied the databases to Mac default folder. Supreme opened without incident.

I know that Apple doesn't want you to write a database to Documents but considering that the catalog is buried in Library, which is hidden as a default in Lion, it seems cumbersome to me to navigate to that directory. I've left the catalog directory as default and removed from my Documents directory for testing purposes. Since I probably won't use my Mac as my main image storage/processing computer it means I will need to copy and update the catalogs when I copy from my Windows computer which is why storing in Library is more cumbersome.

That said, I like what I'm seeing in Supreme.

Larry