IPTC Creator

dickl

IPTC Creator

Post by dickl » 29 Mar 12 1:32

Am trying to test Supreme compatibility with LR4...

Many fields are working fine, but the IPTC creator fields Creator name, address etc seem to be imcompatible. If I populate the fields from the detail profile in Supreme, and sync, after reading the metadata, LR4's IPTC creator fields are erased. If I copy the fields from a previous image in LR4 and write to the image, Idi's IPTC creator fields are erased.

I realize LR4 has it's own complement of fields but I don't think this should happen????

Edit: Just tried the same steps in Win 7. Idimager Ver 5.1.3 and LR4 are totally compatible. Changes in one program, sync'd in the other matches perfectly. So it would appear to be a metadata read/write problem in one of the two Mac versions of LR and Idi...

Dick

Hert

Re: IPTC Creator

Post by Hert » 29 Mar 12 3:10

Dick,

Could it be that you are not using the latest beta? Can you verify that you're using beta 29 (check about dialog)

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

dickl

Post by dickl » 29 Mar 12 14:33

Hert/IDimager wrote:Dick,

Could it be that you are not using the latest beta? Can you verify that you're using beta 29 (check about dialog)

Hert
Thanks for the quick reply Hert,

I am using the latest 29. Simple test. Choose an image already in LR4's catalog, enter anything in the IPTC Creator fields from Idimager - Sync. On my MacPro LR4 will indicate that a change has been made to the image file... Import from disk. The change made in Idimager does not appear.

Same result in the opposite direction. Change in LR4, and the change is not visible in Idimager...

Dick

Hert

Post by Hert » 30 Mar 12 1:08

Thanks Dick, now fixed that for the next update (not available yet)

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system