Keywords and Catalog labels

Larry56

Keywords and Catalog labels

Post by Larry56 » 12 Mar 12 15:18

For testing purposes I ingested some images that I had cataloged in IDI for Windows. I think I made a mistake in that I didn't change a setting to ingest keywords as Catalog Labels (if I read the setting correctly) so the keywords came in as just keywords.

I'd like to change the keywords to labels in the same hierarchical structure I have in IDI but can't find a way to move the keyword to label as I can in IDI. Is that possible in Supreme Beta?

Also, will there be an ability to import an IDI catalog with all the same settings?

Larry

As a side note, there may be duplicate posts of this question (although I haven't seen any) as I've tried to post this same question on my Mac via Firefox and connection has been extremely slow or the "submit" button would only take me to a blank screen so I've had to post this Mac question on my Windows computer. I haven't tried Safari yet to see if it works better. :)

mphillips

Re: Keywords and Catalog labels

Post by mphillips » 12 Mar 12 15:41

Hi Larry

In Supreme its quite clumsy - you need to Cut the Keyword Label and Paste it into the Catalog Labels Tree (where you want it) - There is no Drag and Drop.

Actually the same catalog file can be used for Windows and Mac - If you just copy your IDI file onto your Mac and pop it where the Supreme catalog now sits then select it whilst opening Supreme and it should convert from the old format to the new format.

You will then have to "relocate" images in the folder tree but it should work okay.

Regards

MikeP
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 14 Mar 12 14:35

Thanks, MikeP

I'll redo the catalog and also try a conversion of my existing.

Larry

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 Mar 12 15:24

mphillips wrote:In Supreme its quite clumsy - you need to Cut the Keyword Label and Paste it into the Catalog Labels Tree (where you want it) - There is no Drag and Drop.
This is incorrect. There *is* a drag/drop but it now only works the first time you start a drag operation. The next update has this fixed.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system