Program colors

Larry56

Program colors

Post by Larry56 » 04 Mar 12 17:44

I sure would like to see the ability to customize the screen colors. The dark background and gray text makes it difficult to see what I'm doing.

Thanks,
Larry

Hert

Re: Program colors

Post by Hert » 04 Mar 12 18:07

The application colors are very light text on a dark gray background. I don't see what's so difficult to read that make it difficult to see what you're doing.
I can very much imagine that some minor elements are hard to read when you don't have a good monitor setup, like the text on the counters, but those shouldn't be obtrusive to operate the application in such a way that you call it: "difficult to see what you're doing"

Can you tell me where to colors make the application difficult to operate?

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

mphillips

Post by mphillips » 04 Mar 12 21:35

Hi Hert

The input boxes for image details are very difficult to see before you click to enter text, and this sometimes necessitates clicking in the general area a few times until you hit the right spot and the text box "opens" and is the visible \.

On My Macbook the layout looks dark brown :-)

Thanks

MikeP
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme

Hert

Post by Hert » 04 Mar 12 21:52

Mike, the input boxes are displayed lightly on hovering only to indicate the area. They are not constantly shown because that makes the interface look very cluttered. The text should be very readable.

How you describe it, the light hover boxes are hardly seeable... wow, if 30% visibility of the box isn't distinquishable on the monitor then that's one bad monitor ;) It is very very visible on my iMac (4 years old now), also very visible on my white MacBook (not a Pro; also 4 years old), visible on my MacBook Air 13", on Brian's iMac (1 year old), on brian's old iMac (3 years old). Guess we do have a good mix of Mac machines here.

The MacBook Pros are renown for their good monitors (slightly exaggerated though as they aren't really *that* good)... maybe your monitor's brightness is dimmed?

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

mphillips

Post by mphillips » 04 Mar 12 22:04

Hi Hert

Yes - if you know where to hover you can see the boxes.

The problem is that when you are entering data you want to click straight away on where you want the cursor to start inputing text - not fiddle around .

Its not to bad on a 1680 X 1050 say but on a smaller (windows) 1280 x 768 (laptop) I don't find it as easy. I try a movie to show you.

Thanks

MikeP
Mike Phillips
D800, CNX2, Supreme

mphillips

Post by mphillips » 04 Mar 12 22:20

Hi Hert

If you look at http://mikeandmorag.co.za/idImager/Imag ... ering.html which is on My Vaio you can see that the boxes aren't as obvious as I think they should be :mrgreen:

MikeP
Mike Phillips
D800, CNX2, Supreme

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 05 Mar 12 15:06

Sorry, I didn't mean to say all the text is difficult, only some. Part of the problem may be I have a 13" screen too.

Some examples are the number of images under Keywords. As an example I have a Keyword "Fauna" with 67 images. The "Fauna" is fine but the "67" is difficult to see as its a gray/black on gray background.

Another is when I hover over an image the opens for rating are not as pronounced as I'd like or expect to see. (I do like the way the rating is shown after selecting and it is a cleaner image viewing.)

Thanks,
Larry

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 13 May 12 15:17

I wanted to re-visit this issue.

Is there any way to change some of the text/background colors. An area that is difficult for me to see is when I select viewing Catalog the catalog label shows up white on gray but the number of images to the right is a gray on gray. Any way to make the number white?

Thanks, Larry

Hert

Post by Hert » 13 May 12 17:56

Maybe you should ask to make the color of the counters better matching instead of asking if you can configure the colors. The answer to the latter is no. The answer to the first is sure it can.

Hert

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 14 May 12 1:25

I knew you'd come up with a better way. :D

Yes, matching would be great.

I suppose on most computers it is ok now, but I'm working an a new MacBook Pro 13" screen. While great quality, combine the size with my eyesight I need all the help I can.

Thanks,
Larry