Photo Supreme for MacOSX Beta

mphillips

Re: IDimager Supreme Public Beta for MacOSX

Post by mphillips » 26 Feb 12 9:42

Hi Frith

Delete on the MY macBook pro in IDSupreme is Function+Command+Backspace

There is a Mantis Bug request out to Hert to change that to just the Backspace Key

Thanks

MikeP
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme

Hert

Post by Hert » 01 Mar 12 20:24

The Supreme Beta update 1.0.0.20 is available;

http://www.idimager.com/beta/IDimagerSupreme_V1.zip

This beta contains many bug fixes and the following main improvements:
1. Redesigned Verify Folder results
2. Auto Sync is now enabled
3. Improved overall speed
4. Added Backup/Restore IDimager Data in the Tools Menu
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

pbb

Post by pbb » 03 Mar 12 10:59

Wow this is really great Hert! Thank you very much. Actually, IDImager was the main reason for me to run Windows with Parallels on my MacBook. And after Parallels 6 not supporting Lion, it all became a bit too complicated for me... But now there is hope again!!! :lol:

My comments are mostly visual, as I haven't gone so deep into using Supreme yet. And my MacBook is 13", so most remarks center around the limited screen space usage. And I understand it's still too early to expect many of these to be implemented, so maybe it's more of a wish-list than a bug-list...
  • Please support full-screen mode.
  • Allow the toolbar to be minimized. Maybe totally hidden, but at least possibility to half it's height.
  • Use standard size (or smaller) buttons; the buttons now are even bigger than in standard applications.
  • Use standard scrollbars. These are only visible while scrolling and don't take up any space in OS X Lion.
  • The buttons for adding and removing catalog labels are missing tooltips.
  • Allow resizing of the catalog browser sidebar.
  • The width of the filter bar + catalog browser is more than 1280 pixels together, which is the width of a 13" Macbook screen. Even less is available if the OS launch bar is placed on the side of the screen.
  • It would be really great if you could provide a "column browser" like Finder, iTunes and Lightroom have.

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 Mar 12 15:43

Hi pbb,
pbb wrote:Please support full-screen mode.
You can view images full screen by double clicking on a thumbnail while holding down the Shift key. You can also open the image in preview first and then click the button "Full Screen" in the Viewer.
Allow the toolbar to be minimized. Maybe totally hidden, but at least possibility to half it's height.
The buttons for adding and removing catalog labels are missing tooltips.
Thanks.
Allow resizing of the catalog browser sidebar.
This is now added to the next update.
It would be really great if you could provide a "column browser" like Finder, iTunes and Lightroom have.[/list]
There is a Grid view; click the View button and then select "Grid"

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 Mar 12 21:46

The Supreme Beta update 1.0.0.21 is available;

This beta contains bug fixes and the following main improvements:
1. Delete in thumb context menu
2. When pasting to a folder that contains its original you can now opt to have it pasted with a unique name
3. The Catalog Tree can be made wider/narrower with a splitter
Hert

pbb

Post by pbb » 04 Mar 12 13:45

Hert/IDimager wrote:Hi pbb,
pbb wrote:Please support full-screen mode.
You can view images full screen by double clicking on a thumbnail while holding down the Shift key. You can also open the image in preview first and then click the button "Full Screen" in the Viewer.
I was thinking about a full-screen mode for the whole application, not just the image viewer. It makes it easier to focus on things, and you don't loose valuable screen space to the launcher bar and menu bar.
Hert/IDimager wrote:
It would be really great if you could provide a "column browser" like Finder, iTunes and Lightroom have.[/list]
There is a Grid view; click the View button and then select "Grid"
That is not what I was thinking about. The Column Browser is a great way to combine filters. For example, the first column I set to "Make", and the application lists all available values (Canon, Nikon, etc). I select "Canon". The second column I set to "Lens Information", and the application ONLY lists the possible values for lens information where Make=Canon. Another way to use this is to set the first column to "Country" and the second to "City". By default, all available countries and cities are listed in the first and second column, but when I select one country, only the cities from that country are listed in the second column. The Column Browser makes it really great to "dig" through big collections by layering filters on top of eachother. Here is a page about the iTunes column browser: http://ipodiphoneitunestutorials.com/iT ... rowser.php and a picture of the Lightroom column browser (called Filter Bar there): http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lightr ... -small.png (at the top, with a red border draw around it)

Thanks again for the fantastic effort!

Hert

Post by Hert » 04 Mar 12 15:39

pbb wrote:I was thinking about a full-screen mode for the whole application, not just the image viewer. It makes it easier to focus on things, and you don't loose valuable screen space to the launcher bar and menu bar.
Ok, full screen for the application is in the View Button -> Maximized. Shortcut is Cmd+M

I understand the column browser. A future version will have something very comparable, but not column organized and it will first only work for search results. We can it the Search Panel and haven't enabled it for the first version because its speed is not up at the level we want it.

Hert

pbb

Post by pbb » 04 Mar 12 21:37

Hert/IDimager wrote:Ok, full screen for the application is in the View Button -> Maximized. Shortcut is Cmd+M
Ah, found it. The text above that setting is "Viewer", so it wasn't obvious it also goes for the whole application.

I would very strongly recommend to follow system conventions as good as possible. The functionality is not called "Maximize" but "Full screen" in other Mac apps, with the shortcut key being Ctrl-Cmd-F. Also, full-screen apps on Lion open up in a new desktop. I haven't got a clue how difficult it is to follow these conventions, so my suggestion may not be realistic. And I see that even the new Lightroom 4 is not following these conventions ;-)

I think I have found a bug related to the full-screen view. When I go back to "Embedded" view, the window is sized to (circa) 1300x800 on my 1280x800 display. That is, the window is a bit wider than the screen, with the left part falling off the screen and part of the window being hidden behind the dock which I also have on the left side of the screen. But worse is that the top of the window is hidden behind the menu bar, making it impossible to move the window around.

Hert

Post by Hert » 04 Mar 12 21:49

pbb wrote:Ah, found it. The text above that setting is "Viewer", so it wasn't obvious it also goes for the whole application.
That should change indeed; the caption should be View and not Viewer
I think I have found a bug related to the full-screen view. When I go back to "Embedded" view, the window is sized to (circa) 1300x800 on my 1280x800 display. That is, the window is a bit wider than the screen, with the left part falling off the screen and part of the window being hidden behind the dock which I also have on the left side of the screen. But worse is that the top of the window is hidden behind the menu bar, making it impossible to move the window around.
Could it be that you're not using version .21?

Hert

pbb

Post by pbb » 05 Mar 12 23:26

Hert/IDimager wrote:Could it be that you're not using version .21?
Yes indeed! I missed that message :oops: No problems with fullscreen zooming anymore, thank you!

Hert

Post by Hert » 17 Mar 12 3:33

IDimager Supreme Beta 22 is available;

The main changes in this version:
1. Added an Import from Apple iPhoto(tm)
2. Added an Import from Apple Aperture(tm)
3. Added an Import from Lightroom(tm) version 3/4
3. Added Password Protected Portfolios
4. You can now paste images to a Collection or Portfolio, or Catalog Label node in the Cat.Explorer
5. Improved Auto Sync handling
6. You can add NOT-search items to Dynamic Search with Alt+Space (Space already existed)
7. Added FileMonitor on MacOSX 10.7-Lion and up
8. Added a setting in the Ingestor that allows you to auto tag images with overlapping catalog labels
9. Added the concept of Info Tips; text suggestions are welcome
10. New Editing Presets
11. Added feature to apply multiple presets to the same image
12. Further improved scroll performance in the Collection Viewer and Image Viewer
13. Faster application startup
14. Easier email configuration for GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and AOL
15. Improved dragging experience
16. Right click on Favorite items to add any favorite to the Dynamic Search
17. Improved performance for the Ingestor

Hert

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Mar 12 21:08

Supreme Beta .24 is available;
1. Import from iPhoto now imports the People category
2. Improved interoperability with Lightroom
3. On first startup, after installation, IDimager will check for the existence of some applications and auto configure those as external application
4. Added drag/drop support for the External application list
5. Improved tips handling
6. Many bug fixes

Hert

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Mar 12 0:31

Supreme beta 28 is out.

You should rebuild all your thumbnails as there is a change in how the previews are stored in the database and if your images have recipes then they need to be updated.
You should also manually change the name of the folder %Documents%/IDimager Data/DownloadProfiles to %Documents%/IDimager Data/ImportProfiles

Further changes:
1. In Image Details you can now select and save Detail Profiles
2. NearBy catalog labels in the Label Assignment Panel now display all labels within a 20km radius of the selected image(s)

Hert

dickl

Post by dickl » 28 Mar 12 2:49

Hi Hert,

Having fun learning Supreme...

I am new to Mac, so I don't know why I cannot save a detail profile. Supreme reports 'Access violation'.

In your announcement of v28 you mention the Idimager detail Profiles are in %LocalAppData%\IDimager Data\ImportProfiles... That looks like a lot like PC instructions? Using Finder, my MacPro found the Idimager files in /documents/Idimager Data... etc. Is that where they should be? Why would Idimager deny access to my user files?

Dick

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Mar 12 10:01

Hi Dick,

Nice to see you here again.
I am new to Mac, so I don't know why I cannot save a detail profile. Supreme reports 'Access violation'.
Now fixed in beta 29 (available as an update)
Using Finder, my MacPro found the Idimager files in /documents/Idimager Data... etc. Is that where they should be? Why would Idimager deny access to my user files?
Yes, that is correct. And I'll update the announcement text

Hert