Write Back issues

germie

Write Back issues

Post by germie » 28 Nov 21 13:48

I ran into the following trouble on version 6.6.0.4047 (PostgreSQL):

When I write an Item back and I have selected "Write Catalog data to ICS Scheme" in the synchronize settings, the cooresponding data are indeed written.
When I then write an Item back and I have UNselected "Write Catalog data to ICS Scheme" in the synchronize settings, the data remain in the xmp.
Even after deleting the xmp they are still written when creating a new xmp.

When I write back items after versioning them (a raw and a jpg), the lr:hierarchicalSubject. Unversioning them and reqwriting them back recreates this key.

Settings info:
In the other synchronize settings I have ONLY checked read hierachical keyword and replace catalog labels (read tab) write hierachical keywords and replace keyword with catalog labels (read tab). XMP storage is set to XMP standard.

Can anyone recreate these issues or is it just me?

Kind regards from Holland
Germ Wind

Hert

Re: Write Back issues

Post by Hert » 30 Nov 21 13:31

I agree that optionally pre-existing ICS schema should be removed when syncing after switching off ICS writing.
tnx
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

germie

Post by germie » 30 Nov 21 16:48

Thanks Hert for your reply.

A bit hidden in the text with also a part of the text missing (shame on me!) is another issue:
When I write back items after versioning them (a raw and a jpg), the lr:hierarchicalSubject is not written back. Unversioning them and reqwriting them back recreates this key. Could anyone please verify that please? It is pretty important to me that this works flawless.

Germ Wind

Hert

Post by Hert » 01 Dec 21 11:19

I just checked and lr:hierarchicalsubject is written correctly for all images in the version set.

What I did:
1. Copy two images to a new folder
2. Assign 2 labels to the first image
3. Checked the XMP and lr:hierarchicalSubject is correct
4. Drop image2 on image1 and confirm to create a version set
5. Checked the XMP for image1 and image2 and both have the correct lr:hierarchicalSubject
6. Destroyed the version set
7. Checked the XMP for image1 and image2 and both have the correct lr:hierarchicalSubject
8. Unassigned the 2 labels from image2 (which is now not in a version set)
9. Checked the XMP for image2 it has the correct lr:hierarchicalSubject
10. Drop image2 on image1 and confirm to create a version set
11. Checked the XMP for image1 and image2 and both have the correct lr:hierarchicalSubject

Of course I always use the default sync settings. If you tweaked the sync settings then reset them to default.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

germie

Post by germie » 01 Dec 21 19:38

Thanks Hert for you response. I reinstalled and started with a clean database. All works OK now.
I think that I messed up the configuration.

Germie