script in "external applications"

Ralf

script in "external applications"

Post by Ralf » 12 Sep 21 13:43

How can you use a PSC script in the "external applications",
I have some of them that I use again and again or is there a better workaround that I don't know?
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Re: script in "external applications"

Post by Hert » 13 Sep 21 10:19

A script is not an application so you cannot add it to external applications.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 13 Sep 21 14:07

thanks for the information, what a shame I thought I can make it a little easier. Could have been ;)

- Mark photos click on script ... mark next photos ...
instead of
- Mark photos, call script editor, move editor, start script, quit ScriptEditor ... mark next photos, ...
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 13 Sep 21 15:38

Nothing to stop you calling an external program with parameters or a batch file that calls a program with its own script. I have a couple of windows batch files listed as external programs that carry out operations on files outside of PSU.
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 Sep 21 9:00

Why didn't I think of that :)
You can create a Windows batch that starts PSU to run a script on startup to then close after the script is ran. And that batch can be set as an external application.
Check the Maintenance manual for command line parameters.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 15 Sep 21 12:17

wow, that's right ... thank you sometimes the simplest is not in sight. Then I have to see how I do it, but I already have an idea with the Autohotkey script language. From this I can create EXE files to record the parameters.
Super, thank you both
Ralf
(Excuse my english)